The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We'll I have a limited budget and I only have 300$ for a turbo and I already have a 16g but the wastegate is going out and I wanted a new 16g turbo to last me a while but I don't have 900$ to spend on te new turbo. I have many other things to fix besides this. Thank you for your help.

We'll I have a limited budget and I only have 300$ for a turbo and I already have a 16g but the wastegate is going out and I wanted a new 16g turbo to last me a while but I don't have 900$ to spend on te new turbo. I have many other things to fix besides this. Thank you for your help.
Do you mean the wastegate actuator or an issue with the flapper..I can understand if you have things to fix ..It would be cheaper to fix that and better off than that ebay turbo. Put up a description and pic of your current turbo in a different section so we can help.

Justin,

I just got a new FP Green direct from FP and I want to have the TH ceramic coated and CH powder coated.

My question is, does this turbo have locating pins for clocking the housings built in like the 14b or can the housings be reinstalled clocked? Do i need to scribe alignment marks before taking it apart or will it only go back together one way?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Justin, I came across this turbo. I think it's a 20g and I am trying to find a DSM hot side for it. I measured the turbine wheel and I think its a td06h. Can you help me identify it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin,

I just got a new FP Green direct from FP and I want to have the TH ceramic coated and CH powder coated.

My question is, does this turbo have locating pins for clocking the housings built in like the 14b or can the housings be reinstalled clocked? Do i need to scribe alignment marks before taking it apart or will it only go back together one way?
Can't possibly predict whether an aftermarket turbocharger will have the locating pin or not....I've seen some with, and some without. Regardless if it's not there just put the turbo on the car and leave the v-band loose, then hook up the oil drain, tighten the v-band, and clock the compressor cover last.

Justin, I came across this turbo. I think it's a 20g and I am trying to find a DSM hot side for it. I measured the turbine wheel and I think its a td06h. Can you help me identify it?

It's not a 20G.

It should have a 55mm/75mm compressor mated to a TD06H4 turbine, as noted by this post earlier in this same thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/153154258-post2554.html

It's not a 20G.

It should have a 55mm/75mm compressor mated to a TD06H4 turbine, as noted by this post earlier in this same thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/153154258-post2554.html

Is there any way to figure out what it is?

The Mistu compressor cover prefixes are:
49177 = TD04
49178 = TD05
49179 = TD06

You'll see on the compressor cover of the 20G I posted 49179-54900; which tells you that is a TD06 turbo. However, don't forget that some TD06 20G's can come with TD05H turbines!

Using this information, I have a TD06 compressor cover? What does that tell me?

The turbine wheel measured 57/66mm. Where can i find out what turbine this is? I didn't measure the compressor yet.

From a search on Google i found this:

Code:
Part Number 49179-03511

OE Number-ME305331
Description-Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus
Turbo Model-D06H4-07*18KX3-8.0, TD06-8
CHRA-N/A
Manufacturer-Mitsubishi
Engine-6M60T

Using this information, I have a TD06 compressor cover? What does that tell me?
Nothing, really.
The turbine wheel measured 57/66mm. Where can i find out what turbine this is? I didn't measure the compressor yet.

From a search on Google i found this:

Code:
Part Number 49179-03511

OE Number-ME305331
Description-Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus
Turbo Model-D06H4-07*18KX3-8.0, TD06-8
CHRA-N/A
Manufacturer-Mitsubishi
Engine-6M60T
It's the same 18KX compressor spec used on Mitsubishi's factory upgrade turbo for the Evo X, only in cast form instead of billet: Forced Performance Turbochargers: MHI TF06-18K

...and, as stated earlier:

It should have a 55mm/75mm compressor mated to a TD06H4 turbine

Nothing, really.

It's the same 18KX compressor spec used on Mitsubishi's factory upgrade turbo for the Evo X, only in cast form instead of billet:

So it has this compressor, good to know. Thank you.

It should have a 55mm/75mm compressor mated to a TD06H4 turbine

I think i misunderstood this statement. You said it should have that compressor and turbine but I didn't realize you ware saying it did.

So ultimately:
Compressor: 18KX
Turbine: TDO6H4

My last question. Does a turbine housing with DSM flanges for manifold and O2 housing exist for this turbine wheel?

Edit:
After further reading(mostly posts by you) I am really confused. How does it have the TD06h4 wheel when it is an MHI turbo? It has been rebuilt before?

There is a TD06SL2 that was never offered by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, then there are the MHI TD06, MHI TD06H, and there is the TD06H4 that is the same spec as a TD06H (drop-in replacement) with one less blade and different blade shape as well. The TD06H4 was also never offered by MHI.

Turbo Turbine Wheel Mitsubishi TD06H TD06H4 11 Blade | eBay

The TD06H4 offers a claimed 15% reduction in backpressure....similar to a clipped MHI TD06H.

So this wheel supposedly has the same specs as the TD06H wheel and this TD06H housing should fit then correct(Td06H selected in the drop down)?

Last edited:
Is this a real evo 8 turbo? I was told it is but I just want to make sure.

I just seen my other post actually went through. Sorry for posting guys. But if you can answer this, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 157
I was under the impression that authentic evo8/9 turbos have the part number stamped on the flat square area. This turbo is also backwards from a dsm platform, so what were ya gonna use it for anyway?

This is a pic of an Evo 8.5 (MR) turbo for example.. The serial number is engraved on the compressor housing.. I would not buy that turbo your showing, looks ebay and the compressor wheel is chewed up like the guys said. they want 200 on ebay for this

It is backwards from the DSM but for the Evo 8+ it's right. The op has a 420a and sits facing the same way as the Evo 8+. Either way, I wouldn't use that turbo.

Sellers have trouble getting over $100 for Evo VIII turbos without wheel damage because they don't fit anything but an Evo IV-VIII, and Evo owners are rarely looking for a stock turbo.

If this one's not free, leave it alone.

I ended up with this turbo. its a pte 6376. I call pte and they told me that it is a garret turbo. do you know where I can get a rebuild kit and wheel from. pte told me they don't sell parts.

I recently acquired a 97 GST it came with a Evo front mount and two extra turbos. none of which look familiar to me. The turbo that was on the car has "garrett" stamped into the hot side Pic's below as well as a ID tag with random serial numbers I have not been able to get any luck with on google. How ever it looks really similar to the stock turbo . the other two look like a 14b but how ever I am not an expert here are pics thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 156
  • turbo4.jpg
    turbo4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 124
  • turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 98
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 115
Turbo in pic1 is a Garrett T-25 stock on 2g dsm
Turbo in pic3 is a Mitsubishi 14b stock on 1g dsm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back