The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is wrong with my clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95AWD6Bolt

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2006
South Jersey, New_Jersey
I have an aftermarket fidanza 6 puck clutch in my 98 gsx.

When you try to drive the car, it wont engage until the pedal is almost all the way out. Even when it does engage, I dont think that it engages all the way because it wont go past 3000 rpms give or take in second gear.

How can I adjust this?

What should I search for?

hah, i know this answer because i just put this clutch in my 97 gsx. you need the longer slave cylinder rod.

hah, i know this answer because i just put this clutch in my 97 gsx. you need the longer slave cylinder rod.

Uhhh... No. A longer slave cylinder rod will make the engagement point even higher.

In his situation he needs to adjust the pedal under dash like nongthep said. He needs to adjust it so that it engages lower almost half way down.

Did this just start happening on an existing install? Or did you just install this clutch and this is a new problem? What clutch was in there before this one if it was just installed?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back