The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what is the closest turbo to a SC6052E??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayson427

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2011
Mesa, Arizona
"Something with a larger turbine wheel or higher a/r number on the turbine housing to deal with the additional amount of exhaust energy. A small turbine or small a/r housing will funnel the exhaust energy into too small of a space, raising backpressure and EGT's which are NOT what you'll want to be dealing with on a high-compression application.

Some guys have said a 50-trim, and that would be fine as well....but if it were possible to still get this built, I'd say use something like a 60-1 compressor with a T350 turbine wheel in .63 a/r T3 housing. PTE used to call that wheel combo a SC6052E. That should give you an easy 300whp at just 15psi or so, while reaching full boost in the 4200-4300rpm range and remaining very easy to tune on pump fuel."

this quote above was on one of my threads by justin and im curious what is close to a sc6052e? im just starting to read up on all the turbo sizes and what is better for what. i read that most holset's spool up faster then a garret which i like the sound of that, im going for around 300hp but would like a little room to grow if needed. any help would be appreciated. this turbo would be for a 10.5 comp built motor and currently running 2.5in exhaust.

A Garrett T04B 60-1 compressor with a T350 turbine. That's what a 6052E is. :D

A compressor that is close would be a T04E60...and there isn't really a Garrett T3 turbine that is close to a T350.

well let me ask this then. if you had a 420a on 10.5 comp what turbo would you put on it or what can i use that i can bore to make a bigger a/r with a quick spool? what about a 20g with a ported hot side and o2 hosing or something like that?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5658928/Dyno Pics/Zac 18psi wafr.jpg

Just to give you an idea, this is on a 10.5:1 bottom with +1mm overside intake and exhaust valves, Crane 12 cams, log manifold, 3" exhaust, Hahn IC piping, and a Hahn S25g. The S25g is similar to a T67 iirc with a 10cm2 exhaust housing... That was at 18 psi...

Last edited by a moderator:
those are sweet numbers man. what all arp hardware did you use on the head and block? iv never heard of Eddy Fierro? and those are massive injectors, your running dual injectors now right? how much boost do you plan on pushing with your current set up? do you have srt-4 crank too? 2.4 swap would be awesome but i dont think i can go there LOL. iv thought about stroking it 2.2 but i havnt decided yet.

Those numbers where on a 2.0 Block, I have not gotten the 2.4 rolling yet, just sitting in the car waiting on me to get other stuff done. The injectors that I had in it at that time were 1000cc AFI injectors(vendor on here). On the 2.0 motor I had ARP head and Main Studs, of course the rods came with ARP hardware so I guess those too. That head just had a clean up and the oversized valves. Eddie is an old skool guy thats been around for years in the Neon world. Does top notch work. Single injector per cylinder and its the EDZ crank, so no its not an SRT crank, just pistons and rods in the 2.4 I have.

whoa so your telling me you have 2 turbo'd 420a's? i see you have two cars in the picture LOL but thats pretty impressive i think to get over 400hp at 18psi. are crane 12's closer to a stage 3 crower or stage 2? what was the worst thing you ran into going turbo? a vendor on here was talking about ms PnP for the 420a im hoping they go for it. so did you use hahn's ems or did you go straight for ms? i have been looking at a ton of turbo's lately still unsure what i would use. still reading away everyday LOL

No, he had the one in the video which was his 10.5 turbo comp build on e85. That one got messed up from something on his new melling high vol oil pump (ring gear maybe??). After that one blew he started to build his 2.4 which is the one he is in the process of working on. I have no clue what his other car is for.

Also to your main question, I have no clue LOL. Slo2gen just told me not long ago what happened to his car because I'm in the middle of a 10.5 comp turbo build and ya!

***edit - oops, thought he posted a link to his dyno vid.

Its personal preference, the 20g spooled faster, thats about all I can say, I never pushed the 20g up on boost before I upgraded to the S25g.

You should be able to make 400 on a S20g, and I know for a fact you can do it on the S25g, but it also largely depends on the rest of your set up. The S20g doesn't really come alive until your get to 15psi, and same for the S25g. The biggest difference between the standard 20g and the S20g is the exhaust housing. Hahn made the "S turbo's" with a 10cm2 exhaust housing, reason for it is to prevent boost creep, esp with the internal gate, this also causes it to breathe better up top but at the sacrifice of spool up. This is another reason why I think a S turbo would do well in a compound set up...

Hahn made the "S turbo's" with a 10cm2 exhaust housing, reason for it is to prevent boost creep, esp with the internal gate, this also causes it to breathe better up top but at the sacrifice of spool up.
Wrong.

Hahn didn't "make" the turbo- Mitsubishi did. Research 47178-04600, the Mitsu part number of a the "Super 20G" they sell:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Look familiar?

All Hahn does is take a Mitsu product, clock the housings a certain way to work with their manifold on a 420A, and re-badge it as their own with a higher price tag. The turbo happened to come with a 10cm2 turbine housing- they didn't plan it that way. If it came with an 8cm2 housing, that's what you'd get.

Also, a larger turbine housing scroll does not prevent boost creep...in all honesty a larger and better-flowing turbine housing would create more boost creep unless the wastegate system is well-designed.

Ahh, well guess we learn something new everyday. I knew that they where mitsu turbo's but thought the exhaust housing was different because I've never seen the triple diamond stamp on the exhaust side, only the compressor side...

which would also explain why when I email Hahn about the compressor maps of the S20g and S25g they couldn't give them to me.

You should be able to make 400 on a S20g, and I know for a fact you can do it on the S25g, but it also largely depends on the rest of your set up. The S20g doesn't really come alive until your get to 15psi, and same for the S25g. The biggest difference between the standard 20g and the S20g is the exhaust housing. Hahn made the "S turbo's" with a 10cm2 exhaust housing, reason for it is to prevent boost creep, esp with the internal gate, this also causes it to breathe better up top but at the sacrifice of spool up. This is another reason why I think a S turbo would do well in a compound set up...

set up is a typical built bottom end,
stock head/cams
hahn fmic
s20g
hahn manifold
hks bov
portfueler with msd to pull timing,

Wrong.

Hahn didn't "make" the turbo- Mitsubishi did. Research 47178-04600, the Mitsu part number of a the "Super 20G" they sell:

Look familiar?

All Hahn does is take a Mitsu product, clock the housings a certain way to work with their manifold on a 420A, and re-badge it as their own with a higher price tag. The turbo happened to come with a 10cm2 turbine housing- they didn't plan it that way. If it came with an 8cm2 housing, that's what you'd get.

Also, a larger turbine housing scroll does not prevent boost creep...in all honesty a larger and better-flowing turbine housing would create more boost creep unless the wastegate system is well-designed.

Don't their "S" turbos have T3 flanges? I figured they took MHI turbos and installed custom turbine housings.

VelocitàPaola;153241529 said:
Don't their "S" turbos have T3 flanges?
They do; they came that way from Mitsubishi. ;)

For DSM's, Hahn would weld an elbow on the compressor outlet facing the passenger's side of the car then include an adapter and o2 housing so the T3 turbine housing would fit a DSM manifold and downpipe with intention of the turbo being a direct-fit upgrade for a 2G. They also milled a flat spot on the back of the turbine housing and compressor cover so it would fit without hitting the block or water pipe.

They do; they came that way from Mitsubishi. ;)

For DSM's, Hahn would weld an elbow on the compressor outlet facing the passenger's side of the car then include an adapter and o2 housing so the T3 turbine housing would fit a DSM manifold and downpipe with intention of the turbo being a direct-fit upgrade for a 2G. They also milled a flat spot on the back of the turbine housing and compressor cover so it would fit without hitting the block or water pipe.
They didn't call come from Mitsubishi with T3 flanges, though, right? I thought the 14b's, 16g's, etc. all had MHI flanges. I know my 14b has an MHI flange.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back