The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What brand tensioner adjuster is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocCitySlayer

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2011
Rochester, New_York
Anybody know what brand tensioner adjuster is this?

Attachments

• 20150530_134017.jpg
    20150530_134017.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20150530_134024.jpg
    20150530_134024.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20150530_134032.jpg
    20150530_134032.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 20150530_134037.jpg
    20150530_134037.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 105
Does anybody know? Only Markings are T08. Google came back with nothing. It came with a GMB kit, pretty much just wondering if I can trust it, I don't have the money for an known oem one or I would just get one.

If it came with a GMB kit then..........I would assume.........

I would only go OEM on the tensioner if it were my car.

Last edited:
If you are performing a timing belt job at recommended service intervals, then yes, the auto adjuster should be changed out in favor of a new OE unit. The only reason why I would not, would be if I changed the belt sooner due to oil contamination or some similar type of situation. I would typically replace the water pump, other pulleys, and seals while I have everything apart. Does it cost more upfront, yes. I would think about the alternative of not doing the job completely/correctly would be much more costly in the long run. I have been happy with the Dayco pulley kits, but do not cheap out on the tensioner.

Ok, the engine was rebuilt about 11000 miles ago by the previous owner. I swapped the head and decided to rip it apart and go through everything and fix all the hacks the kid did. I have had this car since '11 and I had some issues so I wanted to fix the problems. I had the head rebuilt and new valve job with a better condition one. So with it ripped apart I decided for piece of mind to change all the timing components, I have brand new GMB pulleys, GMB water pump, a gates racing Kevlar belt and this GMB auto tensioner. I've dropped over 1k on the refresh and cant afford anymore right now :(

Oem or get prepared for some valve work, don't chance my engine I like my time and money to be valued over a 100 dollar piece.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back