The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Tuning help!! ECM link questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shad0wsoda

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2013
Ijamsville, Maryland
Hi, I'm having problems with my 98 6 bolt swapped gst. I've had the car for about 2 years and since the day i bought it the idle has been not working correctly. Once the car gets warm the idle jumps around from about 2500-1500 RPMs and will never sit still. More recently it will idle at about 4k and won't come back down. Hitting the throttle does nothing, it will just return to 4k. ECM link came with the car and although i've heard of the easy use of the program I have no experience with the program or any other tuning programs so I have no idea where to start. I'm mostly sure the problem is with the tune since the previous owner didnt seem to know much about what they were doing although im not 100%

So my question is has anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it? Also any help with ECM Link would be greatly appreciated. I can post a screenshot of the data log if that would help anybody.

Thanks in advance

check to make sure your isc stepper motor is functioning properly, my friends car had this issue, and don't drive around too much without testing the isc and inspecting the ecu, a bad isc can fry the isc drivers located on the ecu.
It could be something else, but this is what I'd check first if I were in your shoes man the motor might test good but don't forget to take it out and clean all carbon off of it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
It could be your problem, If it were me I would replace it, but the fiav might also need attention as stated above by egltawln look into that as well.
here is what a working isc should do when the cars key is turned to accessory

Last edited:
Like everyone else said.. sounds like you need a new ISC..if its still there you will be looking for vacuum issues(like the fiav). In my honda when I had idle rev I blocked almost everything off. Started with the egr, the fiav and then the IAC... after none of that worked it ended up being a sensor that almost never has a leak..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back