The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tranny experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fast2furious

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2004
Gilbert, Arizona
I'm trying to argue a claim regarding the extended warranty claim on my 97 GST (non-Mitsu warranty). Apparantly after a clutch install/repair my 3-4 shift fork broke causing for a full rebuild ($950). Well I haven't even received the car back from the transmission shop yet so it's no more abuse then when I bought the car (69,000 miles. I've put 1,800 since I've had it, (70,980 now)) Well anyways, I'm arguing with the claims company about it over getting it repaired before I give in and pay... what I'm told is covered as follows:

"Internal transmission parts consisting of gears, input and output shafts, bearings, overdrive housing, and transmission case if malfunction was caused by the listed parts. Clutch plate, pressure plate, flywheel, release band pilot bearings are NOT included.

So my question is would this be a part covered and the company is trying to avoid paying out on the claim, or am I solely responsible? I was told by the transmission place that it is part of or is the gear system (3-4). The warrantor states not spelled out, not covered.

Well I went to the transmission shop to find out the whys or if's of not being covered, which it isn't. Oh well, so I'm now out even more then I expected, $350 has become $750, add about $1200 for the rebuild I'm out $2,000. Well since it's not covered, bought a new warranty from AAA for a few hundred more, got full factory warranty coverage for up to 100,000 miles... ditched the sheisty warranty I had.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back