The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Temp gauge not working after install indiglo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

importcarpunk

Probationary Member
Feb 20, 2008
Cartersville, Georgia
Ok so I installed some Ebay Indiglo like gauges. When I did I removed the needles like a dumbass who regrets that now. I got the speed and tach calibrated back right. I didn't remove the temp or gas needles cause they just wouldn't pull off. So I installed gauges without removing them needles. After I did I noticed my temp needle is not moving. I can move it up and down manually but it won't do it on its own. Gas needle seems to be working fine. I know its not catching on the faceplate. So whats the problem? It wont even drop down when i take the key out. Please help cause I depend on that gauge knowing it saved me engine a couple times. I have the gauge cluster in but don't won't to put fully back together until I fix the problem. Please help!!!

It's possible you messed a spring up if that's what it works from. How did you try to pull them off, witha fork?

you check incoming voltage on the temp guage? not sure how the guages are assembled on ## car but i would assume that guage is working off of a voltage

you check incoming voltage on the temp guage? not sure how the guages are assembled on ## car but i would assume that guage is working off of a voltage

The gauge actually reads resistance, not voltage.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the gauge itself is the problem, not the sensor or wiring. There's not a whole lot of ways to troubleshoot the gauge, though. If you're sure the overlay isn't catching on the needle, you might just have to buy a new cluster. If you can, find someone parting out a car and see if they'll sell you just the temperature/gas gauge. All of the gauges can be easily removed from the cluster.

He said it was stuck on there and pulled pretty good without the needle popping off. Do you think it's possible that the stem for the needle got pulled off of a connector?

yeah thanks yall i am gonna take the temp gauge completely off and inspect it..... i will see if i can find the problem. if that dont work i am gonna try to pull another temp gauge off a cluster or jus buy a cheap ass cluster. i need that gauge working tho.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back