The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

"Special price class"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewC

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Wondering around and I wanted to look at a decoder for my vin for my 1990 Eagle Talon. I ended up finding that mine is marked as a "Special price class" does anyone know what that means or what any of the price classes mean?

I compaired my 1990 AWD Talon vin against my 1990 Laser vin. I think it is for the AWD option and possibly awd turbo designation. The Laser has a 4, it is FWD. All of my AWD Talons have a 6. All are turbo cars.

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/VINs.html

It usually means that the car was setup with a saver package, aka the car came with the "sun and sound" package where you get the sunroof and upgraded stereo system at a discount since they were bought together rather than buying a sunroof car with the stock sound system or vice versa, same goes with leather interior with sound or etc.

No sunroof on my cars. I have 1 parts car that does, but my no sunroof, regular stereo cars are "6"s. Just fyi.

Yeah I don't have a sunroof either sadly but it will help with the sleeper look. And pretty sure it has standard radio. Wouldn't the upgraded pack have speakers in the doors?

Mine has door speakers. I think its a drivetrain option.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back