The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Special head gasket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullbren17

Proven Member
Nov 29, 2012
Chadron, Nebraska
If you bore your cylinders do you have to buy a special head gasket to match the size of the cylinders and with arp studs do I need a thicker head gasket or anything?

This is off topic but is there a lighter crank shaft I can get for 420a? Or where can I buy a new crank shaft? And I took the bolts out or my crank shaft and the water pump is on but idk how to get the crank out, and also my crankshaft harmonic balancer bolt is broke off and the machine shop said they would have to look at it and I don't know how to get the crank out... I know pathetic..

I would buy a Gasket that matches your bore size. OEM is fine or you can upgrade to a different brad.

I'm gussing the motor is out of the car. So flip it over remove oil pan and unbolt the mains, rods, and give it a little tap with a mallet and it should come free.

Post some pictures so people can help you more.

I would buy a Gasket that matches your bore size. OEM is fine or you can upgrade to a different brad.

I'm gussing the motor is out of the car. So flip it over remove oil pan and unbolt the mains, rods, and give it a little tap with a mallet and it should come free.

Post some pictures so people can help you more.

FelPro 9627 is what you need.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/456021-bore-question.html

According to the Fel-pro Master Catalog

HG Part number 9627PT has a bore size of 3.405

STD 4g bore is 3.346 + .030 = 3.376

So a stock style HG will be good up to and including a 1.5mm/.060 over bore

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back