The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Snell SA2005 Helmets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I was looking to buy a helmet that would be Snell SA2005. There is talk that the next rating is SA2010. If I bought a SA2005 helmet would it become obsolete once the SA2010 helmets hit the market in a couple months. Would I be able to use the SA2005 in NASA even after 2010?

I am pretty sure Snell SA2000 is still valid even though we have the 2005 so I assume you will be fine for a few more years with the SA2005.

The current and previous versions of the snell are typically accepted. So if SA2010 is the current version, then the SA2005 is still good, but the SA2000 may no longer be accepted (depending on how strict the racing org. is).

For SCCA, you can use the current rating, as well as the previous 2 ratings. So SN95, SN00, and SN05 would be valid. (Taken from SoloRacer.com)

According to the NASA CCR, they allow the current rating, as well as the previous 3 ratings. So SN90, SN95, SN00, and SN05.

It looks like SN10 automotive helmets won't be out until October or November.

I found a couple of sites that say the NHRA rule book states the SA2005 ratings expire 1/1/2017.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back