The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

slicks for 17 inch wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvermitsu10

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2005
Hueytown, Alabama
Ok.. So I know that 17's aren't exactly the best size for a drag slick type set up on the track but are there any slicks out there that will fit a 17x7.5 inch wheel? I have a set of the stockers from the fourth gens sittin in the shed and I figure that if I can possibly use them for one season then I will be happy untill I can get a decent set of rotas with MT's. This will be on a 2G FWD car that is makin around 350ish. No dynos but when I actually manage to hook out of the hole I can pull my buddies WRX that is dyno proven at 330 so I'm just kinda guessing at the power there. Any help is appreciated... And sorry if this has been answered before. I kinda tried searching but it's 4 in the morning and I'm tore up right now.:thumb:

the only two tires that i am aware of are the following:

Nitto 555R Drag Radials 245/45/17
BFGoodrich G-Force Drag Radials 225/45/17

I never heard of slicks for 17" only 16" and lower. Also note these are Drag Radials so you can still use them on the street.

I know this is not what you asked but if i were you i would put the 4g rims up on craigslist and see if anyone wants to trade you some better sized rims.

I may just end up putting them up on ebay. The car already has a nice set of 17's on it with some decent drag radials... I guess I'll just see what I can get for these and wait untill I can buy an LSD and some Nice 15s or 16s with slicks for real track days... It will probably be next year before it hits the track again anyway. Thanks.

BFG R1's are close to slicks. But They are a road racing tire, maby too stiff in the sidewall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back