The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

should i buy this talon tsi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreyA

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2013
Maomb, Michigan
Ok I'm wondering if this is worth what hes asking, it is the tsi AWD and hes put alot into it, so i figure if its not running right and i have to put money in it, that it should still be worth it? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

-----------
Up for sale is my 1996 eagle talon tsi.. It is awd with the lsd rear diff, 5spd manual trans, 100K miles on chassis and approximately 10K on 6Bolt engine. Car runs and drives but does have a few problems... Idles high when engine is cold, has exhaust leak at downpipe, ac compressor and condenser have been removed, 1 tire has a slow leak, no radio, carbon fiber hood is faded in spots, needs injectors and a good tune to be right. The price is $2500 firm please do not ask me to take any less, the price more than enough reflects the problems with the car.

-6 bolt engine 2g cylinder head
-1g rods
-2g pistons
-3g lifters
-PTE5031SCM turbo (50 trim)
-Turbo back 3in SS SRS exhaust
-Punishment Racing o2 housing
-Evo cams
-Evo3 exhaust manifold (ported)
-1g non turbo throttle body
-Aeromotive A1000 fpr w/gauge
-Gm 3in maf
-Gen II MAF Translator
-Greddy BOV ( not eBay)
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-FMIC with piping
-boost controller
-Poly inserts for all the motor mounts
-ViS cf hood
-Black housing halo projector headlights
-Tinted windows all the way around
-K sport lowering springs (on stock struts)
-16in Voxx Lightweight Racing wheels with good tread
-Auto meter boost gauge
-Narrowband o2 gauge
-walbro255 fuel pump
-ARP headstuds

its not too bad providing that he can produce form proof of the engine work. Otherwise you'll be taking a risk... but for $2500, at least the risk is not that bad. You could be looking at a $18,000 evo with questionable engine work that just "needs a tune." $2500 is a lot less of a gamble. :)

its not too bad providing that he can produce form proof of the engine work. Otherwise you'll be taking a risk... but for $2500, at least the risk is not that bad. You could be looking at a $18,000 evo with questionable engine work that just "needs a tune." $2500 is a lot less of a gamble. :)

i appreciate actually getting a response, i have been flamed by so many people for starting a thread its annoying (not here just in general with any forum and asking for advice)

and I was going to build a turbo d series honda but my cousin used to have a 1g tsi FWD and that thing kept up with bikes! so i figure its all there even i have to rebuild and put maybe 1000 or so into it. I would have a BEAST!

*edit* the car looks VERY clean as well

While it would be ultimately up to you in the end, remember that one person's project, is anothers nightmare, and vice versa.

That being said, it looks on paper to be a good deal.

While it would be ultimately up to you in the end, remember that one person's project, is anothers nightmare, and vice versa.

That being said, it looks on paper to be a good deal.

Well said! and as far as on paper, dont they always... then you show up the speedo doesnt work, door handles open only from the inside needs brakes sunroof doesnt open etc etc... ive been through it LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back