The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Secure Bov

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97dsm97

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2010
Fremont, Nebraska
Secure bov, Im running the hks suquential! It won't stay on the short route piping intercooler, every time i start car it pops off, I am currently securing it with a snap ring, looks to me now as if its too "thick" can't seem to find any "thinner" one from any shops or online places these past few days. Any opinions on what works to hold these suckers on!

It's not a wear part at all, it's a retaining clip. I don't know if you bought the setup from someone else or what, but either the clip was never installed or it was improperly installed and managed to pop off.

If you were to use a gasket, explain or rather ponder how the BOV would stay in place with say 15psi of force trying to push it out. There needs to be a way to prevent it from being pushed out which is what the clip is for.

No, LOL! Im saying to use a gasket under the bov and then to use the snap ring, or c-clip! Because right now the snap-ring im using fits in and around it but there is still room that i can spin the bov around but can't lift it up! But under pressure it does pop off! Hmmm tricky LOL

Here is the o ring from the same site listed above.
HKS USA SSQV O-Ring

That o ring is also what makes the seal between the BOV and flange so it doesn't leak.

Correct. Just make sure you have it recirculated unless you are running a GM MAF in blow through mode or are running on a speed density setup.

I have the special pliars to get them snap-rings down in there, but i still had to use flat head screw driver and a hell of a lot of work, and wow thanks for just saving me some money, so i plug that cable in to the GM Maft that is in my intercooler piping and run it to my ecu? Thats pretty easy, and it will clean up my engine bay a little!

Couldn't tell you as I haven't used one. I'm on a speed density setup and before that, the stock MAF.

I cant remember where i saw the picture/diagram on here. But it doesn't look to hard, plug and play is what everyone tells me! Shouldn't be to hard! Since the translator is a tuning device ive heard? But how is that gonna work helping me tune, since im already using wideband, and link?

You only need the translator to get the correct signal to the ECU. You won't use the translator for anything other than that. Besides, the translator is a terrible tuning device.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back