The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SBR cast manifold help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990clipse

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2008
Waco, Texas
Im in the process of buying a used slowboy racing cast race manifold b/c my 1g is cracked. The manifold is ported by them and im running a small 16g that the step has been taken out of. (roughly 6.6cm) I know from researching that the ported sbr manifold is much bigger, but does anyone know how much bigger? Ive read in several places that a manifold ported larger than the turbo inlet causes turbulance and is less than ideal but do you think it will really matter that much?

I would like to do that but since i don't have any porting tools, i would have to get a die grinder and carbide bits. I was wondering if it would make enough difference to make me want to buy the tools to port the turbo. this car is a daily driver not a race car.

this car is a daily driver not a race car.

You answered your own question. Its not going to make a huge difference, you won't even notice it, after all its not a race car.

Good luck.

Cool i just wanted some reassurance. I will probably end up port matching it though some time in the future.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back