The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

[RESOLVED] Stupid wastegate question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboAWDfanatic

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2005
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I've been reading up a bit on boost creep elimination and a question comes to mind for me. A lot of people point out the importance of the ability of the flapper (internal wsategate) to open 90 degrees rather than be restricted by the exhaust housing (like stated here).

BUT, what is the point of this when the wastegate actuator arm limits the movement of the wastegate? I made sure my flapper can open 90 degrees, but when I put compressed air on the actuator to test it, the arm actually limits the travel of the flapper to about 50-60 degrees.

FYI I'm running a 16g GT with the stock internal wastegate.

Thanks

Holy crap. For the amount of time it would take me to do that I'd rather buy an external setup!!! =O Very nice writeup though. Sorry, feel stupid for starting another thread when that was so easy to find. Thanks for the quick response! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back