The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Regular clutch on 2gNT (Saga Continues)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavinrich25

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2021
Roanoke, Virginia
Alright bought this 1997 eclipse rs with a bad clutch didn’t think anything of it I get the transmission off and it’s not a modular clutch I looked the clutch up and it is a pretty expensive one so I was confused what was wrong. Another thing with the trans the clutch fork was broke and it had a bunch of like spacers with it. The throw out bearing was also trashed can sombody plz explain how they where able to do this on a 420a I tried seeing if they switched trans but there is no stamp just a sticker I looked up numbers on it and nothing came up so if sombody has an idea that would be nice.

Another thing if I buy a normal modular clutch for this car will it work now because doesn’t a modular clutch have a thing already on the crank that makes it work? Does anybody have any ideas on what I’m missing and what I should do

If you go to post #17 on the thread that’s linked, Twicks said you’re missing a plastic piece and the wrong fork. Did you replace those?

The fork is not sitting straight against the pivot ball. That is why the slave rod isn’t straight.

you probably broke the tabs off on the throw out bearing. If it had them and was holding the TOB and fork together, the tips of the fork would be parallel to the clutch disc. Does that make sense?

unbolt your slave and move it out of the way so you can move the fork by hand while your look in there. it should be obvious when you do.

Last edited:
alot of them have plastic tabs instead of metal

if you want oem, you can try your local dodge
part number is 04670026ab
i guess you could try mitsu, but since its a mopar part, dodge is more likely to have it.

The slave rod should be sitting almost level like mine, and your dust boot shouldn't be hanging off the slave cylinder. You'll have to excuse my swollen dust boot on the belhousing, I never got around to buying a new one after I replaced the rear main seal

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back