The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Prothane Mounts Front/Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuthlessZ

Probationary Member
Jul 17, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Alright guys I hate to do this as I feel like this subject has been beaten like a dead horse, but I'm at wits end. I did my passenger and driver side mounts yesterday, took 5 hours :coy: Went to do front and rear today, got the front mount off no problem now I was aware of the bolt sizing issue, so I wasn't surprised when my bolt was like a hot dog in a hallway in the sleeve. On top of that I can't get the front solid mount pressed into the metal part anyway. Then I notice that the rear mount is the same size AND the sleeve for the bolt is the perfect diameter. Would there be any harm in just trashing the Prothane front, using the rear as front and ordering a new rear?

I'm getting vastly annoyed, been working since Noon today and have got nothing but my fuel filter changed, and the front mounts OEM rubber/metal out.

Her are the front (right) and rear (left) mounts adn the front metal mount, plus the bolt for the front mount.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Her is the copious bolt slop everyone knows about in the front mount.

Here is the front bolt in the rear mount, fits PERFECT!

Here is half the rear mount in the metal bracket, also fits perfect.

Thanks for looking guys.

I would not destroy the one. You can still the prothane into the freezer to help shrink an fit in the mount. Or get a bigger screw

I did this last week. For the front mount I ground down one lip on a bench grinder and then banged it in. Worked like a charm.

vision paint ball is right, it will be easier if you use a grinder and remove some material on one side to make it easier, than use the grease that comes with the kit on the mount and metal sleeve and just use a vise grip to push it in. That way it's really easy. Good luck

I'll be honest guys I ignored all your advice like an asshat, BUT the mount feels great, and I didn't have to drill or cut anything on the car up. I damn near killed something getting the mounts lined back up, had a mechanic friend come help me.

With that being said as soon as I drove the car again it steamed up cause my radiator cap wasn't all the way on. Refilled coolant, and went to try and tune my fuel pressure down a bit cause I was running super rich. Well somehow my boost got messed up and it over boosted like a rocket to at least 17 pounds which caused my alternator belt to somehow break. Damn.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back