The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Haltech OMNI MAP SCALE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

all black 4G63

Proven Member
Aug 5, 2019
Chicago, Illinois
Something’s doesn’t seem right with this MAP scale in Haltech. Can anyone tell me if this is correct. I have attached a photo.
It is an OMNI 4 BAR….I mean 4 bar =58 PSI so I’m just checking to verify if this scale is wrong. Also I’m questioning the vacuum scale as well
Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only slightly off thing might be the upper psi limit at 5v since 3 bar is 43.5 psi.

The way map sensors work is they need 1 bar (or 14.7 psi or -29.53 inHg for vacuum) for atmospheric pressure and then the rest can be used for boost. So your 4 bar sensor can read down to -29.53 inHg of vacuum and up to 3 bar (or 43.5 psi).

If Brian hadn't explained it, I was going to jump in and tell you the same thing. Out of the "4 bar", 1 is for vacuum and 3 are for boost so it should max out about 42 lbs of boost.

Thank you. The reason I ask is because I had close loop boost control turned on and for some reason I would hit 30psi then Haltech shut it off. When it did hit 30psi the MAP display turned red. So I’m not sure why this happened

That was the end of its usable range if I were to guess. Check the Haltech boost controls for a cutoff at said boost. It's what I would be looking for if I was on a aftermarket ECU.
Our Holley EFI setups turn red when it is warning us of impending issues but I'm not familiar with Haltech (but sure wish I were).

Well here’s the real story……
I went to a tuner and he was having trouble with boost control (couldn’t get anything past the waste gate springs), so it ended early with moderate numbers. He suspected a circuit problem……so I went home a checked and there were no circuit issues at all as suspected. The problem was, it was in closed loop boost control in the NSP software, “I think the tuner was using ESP and just didn’t know how to control…..well as I was pissed I turned off closed loop and tuned on open loop which allows you to input as much duty cycle as you want, so in a rage due to the money I gave the tuner I set it to 65% and went to a pull………well the boost control defiantly works because I spiked to 45 PSI and blew out 3 freeze plugs! FML
I came home and did a leak down and compression. All leak down was the same in all cylinders were <10% and cranking compression was even across the board @ about 185-190 psi
I removed the valve cover and found that some of the head bolts were not torqued all the way, so I re-torqued the ARP 12pt and will install new plugs
I’m wondering if I’ll be ok????

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back