The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

oil leak help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryant102

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2010
dubois, Pennsylvania
okay so this is my first dsm and i love it! i have been in the vag group since ive3 been driving. (volkswagen audi grouppe) so im in a whole new world. i have a 90 gsx and its leaking oil pretty decent. i have oil on my t-case from what appears to be comming from my oil pan, does this sound right? it is also on my exhuast same side right by t-case. i also have oil dripping of k-frame drivers side but cannot locate were oil is coming from. sorry for the long thread just trying to be discriptive. thank you

any help please,

yes if tried using engine degreaser and pressure washing but its hard to get the degreaser in there. i am hoping to get it on a buddies lift later on this week and try getting it cleaner but its leaking pretty good i would like to find the leak now

could be a few things valve cover gasket , cam crank sensor seal , rear main seal or the pan. u could try uv dye in the oil to find out where it comming from just a few ideas

okay i will check, i have pulled the upper timing cover off and its not oily at all. thanks for the help

i got under it today and looked everywhere the one side i was talking about is power stearing fluid from the pump. as for the other side it is leaking down onto the transfercase and tailshaft mostly tailshaft and where the tcase and tail meet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back