The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Non-Cruise to Cruise Control, Adding Cruise Control to a 420a dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96rsSTBRWD

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
Myrtle Beach, South_Carolina
I have collected the needed parts for the cruise control system of the 420a cars and the wiring pigtails/relay for the underhood side of the system, along with the dash and column switches for the interior. :hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:confused: All I want to know is how someone else has completed the conversion before (I think the member azdave has) and weather or not i will need splice into the wiring harness just before it goes through the firewall to finish the installation or run new wires from the ECU.

*note*
If anyone else is attempting to do this be warned: 2ga and 2gb wiring is slightly different so niether the parts or the wiring pigtails are capatable between sub-generations. :banghead:

I have collected the needed parts for the cruise control system of the 420a cars and the wiring pigtails/relay for the underhood side of the system, along with the dash and column switches for the interior. :hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:confused: All I want to know is how someone else has completed the conversion before (I think the member azdave has) and weather or not i will need splice into the wiring harness just before it goes through the firewall to finish the installation or run new wires from the ECU.

*note*
If anyone else is attempting to do this be warned: 2ga and 2gb wiring is slightly different so niether the parts or the wiring pigtails are capatable between sub-generations. :banghead:

I am doing the same thing, trying to add a cruise control to my non-cruise control eclipse. Is there anyway you can post what are the names of the parts you have numbered?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back