The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink No start ECMLink v3lite new install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eltitillo

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
hi people let me explain what mods i have first k&n intake filter and hard inlet pipe, fmic, full 3'' turbo back exhaust no cat, 14b turbo ported, aftermarket boost gauge boost running at 10 psi, everything else is stock.

i bought an used 1995 ecu with ecmlink chip and the ecmlink v3lite package looks legit everything clean on the board looks OK, well I install the ecu i connect the laptop to ecu and work i installed stock maps and when i try to start the car it cranks sometime backfire the sounds like it wants to start for a second and then i tried with my stock ecu and the car runs fine no misfire well run perfect then i tried again with ecmlink ecu and nothing :banghead: . but i don't know what else to do i am thinking if i don't get help here i am going to send the ecu to ecmlink so they can check it out. but i would like to find out if you guys can help me out. Thanks

here is the log that i have.

Attachments

• log.2013.02.22-01.elg
    10.7 KB · Views: 75
  • log.2013.02.22-02.elg
    10.7 KB · Views: 68
Solution
Just a thought here, you run a 95 car have you checked the ecu? Have you checked the part# cause if its a 97 that is socketed your firing order may be wrong. Just a thought
try zeroing out your mafcomp table, zero the global deadtime and reset the idle airflow smoothing factor in direct access...

like so:

Attachments

• settings.2013.02.24-01_eltitillo.ecm
    2.5 KB · Views: 75
  • directaccess.2013.02.24-01_eltitillo.eda
    10.5 KB · Views: 76
Just a thought here, you run a 95 car have you checked the ecu? Have you checked the part# cause if its a 97 that is socketed your firing order may be wrong. Just a thought

Solution
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

eprom ecu not running ''ecmlink chip inside''
MD312464 = 1/94-7/94
E2T61672
EB23[A-E]

stock non eprom ecu and running
MD335287 7/96-6/97 -
E2T61687

now what i am thinking right now is that my car is running with a97 ecu here is a picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys after changing the firing order the car started right up and running fine here is the log. Thanks to everybody for helping me out, i am really happy :hellyeah: now i can enjoy car more next i am going to upgrade the fuel system. thanks everybody again

Attachments

• first run.elg
    328.5 KB · Views: 83
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back