The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 98 Eagle Talon TSi No crank no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planetvic88

Probationary Member
Apr 23, 2024
Hobbs, New_Mexico
Hello yall. I recently bought a 98 Eagle Talon TSi, bought it with out a tranny, so I replaced the tranny hook up everything correctly and I'm getting a no crank no start.

When I turn on key on the on position I here the fuel pump prime perfectly but I get a click underneath dash around where the clutch pedal is at. I disconnected the clutch pedal switch as it does not have cruise control and I disconnected the safety clutch switch on top of that because I need to replace master cylinder as it is leaking.

Tested starter at autozpne checked up fine. I have not yet checked the starter relay yet, as I will this weekend but any other recommendations?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Assuming this is a 4G63 (not the 420A) and a MT, just remove the starter relay and jumper the black-red wire to the black-yellow. This will eliminate all the clutch pedal position and theft disable non-sense (those both actually activate the starter relay to Disable the starter). Also note the manual shows the starter relay in the wrong place - here's where it actually is: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-what-is-this-relay-p-n-starter-relay.374262/post-152245662.
Okey so found out the issue the ground cable that goes to transmission was hiding in the harness so I pulled it out connected the ground and worked thank you.
Assuming this is a 4G63 (not the 420A) and a MT, just remove the starter relay and jumper the black-red wire to the black-yellow. This will eliminate all the clutch pedal position and theft disable non-sense (those both actually activate the starter relay to Disable the starter). Also note the manual shows the starter relay in the wrong place - here's where it actually is: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-what-is-this-relay-p-n-starter-relay.374262/post-152245662.
Okey so found out the issue the ground cable that goes to transmission was hiding in the harness so I pulled it out connected the ground and worked thank you.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back