The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Crank no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeracer19

Probationary Member
Dec 15, 2021
Edgewood, Maryland
Let’s start by saying I’ve read a lot of forums from DSM.

So far I’ve replaced everything listed OEM.
Crankshaft position sensor
Camshaft position sensor
MPI/MFI Relay
Starter Relay
Ignition coil pack
Ignition wires
Spark plugs
Battery
All fuses working
All grounds clean except (location 1.)
Fuel system (injectors, filter, pump.)
Yes the pump turns on.
Ignition switch
Timing is spot on.
No CEL’s
PTU
Coolant temperature sensor & gauge

Tries to start but backfires pressure to PCV blowing air out and air intake starts smoking I’m assuming from flooding.
Turning the ignition to start it clicks, cranking it does nothing but after I stop you can hear the fuel pump.

I’m suspecting something going on with the ECU. or some sort of short I’m not finding here.

Please tell us more about your car, like what is it? You have replaced a lot of parts but that only compounds the potential problems.

Filling out a vehicle profile is a good place to start.

clearly I keep doing the timing wrong or something. I have a mother question why is smoke coming through throttle down the air intake when cranking on no start?

You mentioned backfiring and smoking out the intake along with doing the timing. Normally the airflow in pretty much one direction and not that direction.

Has it ever run for you?
What caused you to change all those items?
Have you tested the compression and if so what were the results?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back