The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need help badly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daywalker

Probationary Member
Aug 26, 2006
Christiansburg, Virginia
I changed plugs, wires o2 sensor under the driver seat and gas after sitting up for a while. started car up runs bad especailly at low rpms, turbo guage is showing boost about a quater way up the guage at Idle. I pulled the new plugs and all of them are black as the ace of spades. When the engine is running if I pull the #1 or #3 wire the car dies.
I am concerned about the way I have my wire configuration. Here is a link on how I thought it should go but the engine would'nt start that way. So I ran them from left to right from coil pack to plug. and its running bad. Should it look like this instead:

http://groups.msn.com/PitBullBlues/waynespics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=220

If your plug wires were mixed up you would misfire low or high RPM's. Do a search you will find something on where they should go. Use proper english please i read this 39 times before i could understand it.

The setup in your link is correct. Thats what it should look like. Change your plugs too. Bpre63s. Part number 7131. They're cheap.

Thanks for the assitance all. Sorry for the foreign language.

When I set up the wires as shown in the link the car does not start. But it does start in another set up, and yes it backfires, highs and lows as stated by 1gjosh. I will change the plugs again to see if that helps. There is no SES light coming on so I don't think any codes are being shown. Not sure what would cause the car not to start with the correct set up.

ya is it a 6 bolt or bolt? The 6 bolt requires you to swap the wiring orders to achieve the right firing order.

As a newbie you guys are way over my head on the 6 bolt question.

I did change out the original ECU for a 97 AWD. The wire leading to the O2 sensor on the downpipe cought fire under my seat. Long story but it got wet and fried the wires. when I chaned the wires and the O2 sensor she was blowing black smoke everywhere so I thought the ECU might be bad and picked up one off of a 97 GSX AWD.

Could you hip me to the 6 bolt issue. I'll do a search as well.

97-99 ECUs fire the coils reverse of the 95-96. You will need to swap plugs 1 and 4 with 2 and 3.

Also, you need to swap your CAS around. The 95-96 it is on the timing side of the head and on 97-99 it is on the opposite side of the head. Rewiring the CAS may be an opiton, but I am not sure if that will work. Most of the time when this is done it is to get a 95 ECU to work in a 97-99 and the "invert CAS" option is available.

KVR are you saying it should be 2341 or 3214?

I'll search the forum for write ups on the CAS rewire.

When looking at your coil pack from left to right your configuration just like your link above is
"4123", you need to swap 4 with 1, and 2 with 3 on the coil pack. So it should now be " 1432"

Thanks BMW.

I couldn't find a write up on the CAS rewire. Anyone have a pic of this thing on a 95 so I know what I am looking for. I saw a link in another thread of on on the passenger side. I don't see anything that resembles that on the drivers side.WTF

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back