The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My trip to the road course.(long)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich, Kyle

I thought of using some louvers in different areas, but didn't find a source for the tool. J C Whitney carried those for years, but I didn't see them when I looked.

I had a 19" x 3.5" reverse scoop on the car, last time out, but it was a disaster, it turned out to be ABS and we ended up with a major meltdown. LOL We had to cut it back and left just about the arrangement Rich is speaking of, a large hole with a short brow over the 1st 1.5 > 2" of it. I'll try to grab a pix of the mahem and the resulting lip, today.

I recently picked up a Subaru scoop that I hope will hold up. I was going to break down and just pick up the CF from RRE but the largest they have is still to small for the hole that is now in my hood. :( Anyone have any knowledge or experience with the WRX scoop? I looked up the materials that it is composed of and it shows to have much better temp qualities, but I don't know if it'll take that kind of heat (close to the turbo). I'm going to give it a try, if it doesn't hold up, I'm just going to fab one from aluminum.

Rich, I don't remember if you are running a 1GA or not, but both Greg an I are running headlight vents to the K&N. There are pix's in both our galleries for those. If your running the 1GB, it looks like Kyle is working on that one. You can always remove the gasket at the rear of the hood, and maybe place a few washers with a longer bolt, between the hood and hinge, like we used to do, for a little additional relief.

:)

Tom

mavisky said:
I'm currently working on making an intake vent out of a spare headlight I had. Teaser photo-

and I've been thinking that putting a vent or louvers on the hood behind the filter would be nice to help pull the air back over it since I don't have room to build a cold air box without completely redoing my upper ic pip.

Where do we place orders?

I have been thinking about how I want to setup all the cooling/venting/ducting work in the front fascia of my car, and was thinking of just putting a 90* silcone elbow, and placing the stock K&N plus MAF right where the sidemount used to be. Otherwise, I'll have to route all of that air to the radiator (not such a bad idea anyway)

I went to the big orange race car parts store the other day and was looking at alot of the a/c/heater ducting and piping they have. Found some ABS plastic vents that look like they'll work pretty well for a horizonatally moutned trans cooler (basically similar to a naca vent, only instead of a round pipe, its a square one)

Some high temp black paint on all of it, and the car won't look ghetto either... well, maybe only a little ghetto.

There are better setups than what I'm dealing with. My main problem is that I'm using long route piping on my front mount and it takes up all the space where my sidemount sits and most of the space where my factory filter setup sits. Because of this I can't really make a pressurized cold air box like I was hoping.

Also by the time I get an oil cooler on the driver's side I'm still not sure where I'll be running my brake ducting too. I've been thinking of using naca ducts underneath the car on the front splitter to get the air. We'll have to see how that develops down the road.

mavisky said:
Also by the time I get an oil cooler on the driver's side I'm still not sure where I'll be running my brake ducting too. I've been thinking of using naca ducts underneath the car on the front splitter to get the air. We'll have to see how that develops down the road.

Originally I installed mine in the air dam, but that is awfully low and meant to trailer the car you had to do some additional work, of removing the ducting. I picked up a couple of NACA ducts a few weeks ago and I'm working on trying to get them installed in the lower bumper fascia on each side. The driver's side seems to not be as much of a problem, but I'm still running a side mount on the passenger side, and that looks like it's going to be really tight. I'll let you know how it goes.

:)
Tom

I could easily mount one in the normal inlet on that side but I don't want to over cool one side and end up with dis proportionate brakign abilities.

Here's what my area looks like.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

here's a shot of what my intake system looks like and why I can't build a box around it. In fact now the upper ic pipe is even closer to the filter than it was in this picture.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back