The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My new toy, warning Shelby content!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were the 3 pages on Talk not enough? (it is soda)

In Canada it's pop. :p

Not being mean here, I'm just curious, have any of you guys saying the Vette is the "drivers car" or that the GTR "drives itself" ever driven one?

I've driven a decently fast GTR, and let me tell you it doesn't drive itself. One thing you can be assured, is you'll feel connected to the road in it as well. It grips enough, you feel like you're driving on tires with spikes in them gluing you down. :p The Vette was awesome too, don't get me wrong...but one wrong tap of the gas or anything and it'll kick the ass end out so fast before you can counter-steer, your 180* the other way. It damn sure takes more skill to tame that beast, I will admit, but it takes some balls to stay in the throttle in the GTR when everything is telling you to stop or slow down on a twisty road.
I'll admit, I haven't driven the GTR, but I have a few people I know that are very similar to me in what they want in a car that have given me feedback. That, along with what Randy Pobst wrote in his article comparing a few cars recently. I love what Nissan has done with the GTR, heavy as it is. Just wished it had the option to turn off a lot of the driver aids so you can get that raw feeling like you do in the competing cars. And I wish I liked the styling more than I do.

I'm lucky enough to have friends who have nicer cars than I, which they let me drive.

You're lucky I don't call it Coke. :p

There was an EPIC argument...EPIC when a few people mentioned it was "coke".

+1 on the Denver thing. Hearing people call it Pop I was like..eh? I almost got into a fight with one dude in HS because he said "Hey wanna get a paaaaap" to his buddy and I couldn't help but to laugh and ask "what the hell is pop?"

Apparently he thought I was making fun of him. :p

Ive heard all 3 LOL. Lived in florida, texas, wyoming, but michigan most my life. Sodapop, so i'll call it pop haha.

This thread is working on being epic. Started as mustangs, then mustang vs dsm, then vette vs gtr, then pop vs soda LOL. Random ftw

Love the shelby dude! Had a stang till I got t-boned. Picked up my talon really cheap with low miles. But I've already had to put a lot of money into it to get it running good and its still not right!! Would like to sell and pick up another stang but can't till after deployment LOL! Enjoy tho dude

The Mustang looks nice :) I like it, though I'm not sure I dig the color, but hey, it's your car, not mine!
Just do me a favor and drive it like it's supposed to be driven! My uncle has a newer stang, and I don't think its ever been above 3K since he owned it!

And it's soda. There is no pop in it, anywhere.

I would have rather spent $20000 on an 06 GTO Auto that has around 15k miles on it. Then bought a tuner, slicks, cam, headers, put a 150 shot on it and ran high 10s or low 11s. The GTO's interior is far superior to any mustang interior and the GTO handles like a dream.

You'd like it until stuff started breaking and had to pay stupid prices because everything comes from Austraila and with those mods the rear would be toast quick. I love my 05 GTO, (it's cammed but not tuned yet) don't get me wrong, but I can't wait to get my Max running to retire it from 100 mile a day daily driving. It hasn't handled these 137K miles very well. When I retire it I have lot of time and money to invest to get it back right. Looking for a GM car for racing grab an fbody. GTO's have lots of unique quirks and being 100% imported from Austrailia, parts are a PITA. With all that's wrong with it I'd be lucky to get the 9K blue book value for it and I still owe 12.5.

To the OP nice shelby ya got there. Soon as the wife's truck is paid for we're getting her one of the 5.0's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm drooling over your car man! I love the new Mustangs. I personally would've went with a Coyote GT or BOSS 302, but I love the GT500's as well. Anyone who's hating on this car couldn't have even ridden in one or they would've changed their minds.
As if straight line speed and raw horsepower are the only reason to buy a Shelby (or any other expensive muscle or sports car). What so many of us sometimes forget in these discussions is that part of enjoying a car is how it makes you feel when you drive it. That's great that we can make our 20 year old piles of shit run 11 seconds (or quicker) at the drag strip for pennies, and that we don't mind the nagging issues we have to deal with, and that we did it all at a fraction of the price of what this guy paid for the Shelby. But does that make him feel any worse about his purchase? Contrary to what many DSMers will think, absolutely not. He's not going to go home and kick himself for buying the Shelby knowing he could have gone faster in a straight line for a quarter of the price (or less) in a DSM. It's not always about that, and being a DSM owner, this guy already knows that. And he bought the Shelby anyway.

So while DSMers will smirk and bring up the bang for the buck point, I guarantee you the owner of the other car isn't bothered that much, if at all. I know I wouldn't be. In most cases, they're still driving around a nicer car that is much more enjoyable to drive. All we have is the bragging rights to going faster with less money - and that only matters for so long, and it doesn't matter to everyone.

I don't recall seeing him say that his car was faster than Shep's Talon, or any of your cars. Or that it couldn't be beaten by a well prepped 16g DSM. All of these little pissing contests have no place in this thread.

Come on people. Let's act like adults here and just show some appreciation for a nice car. And for those who don't like Mustangs, that's cool too.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

This isn't the 60's where you go to the diner with your buddies to grab a soda/pop.

No, you go to Tim's for a double double. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back