The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved Melted Injector Rings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khaphora

Probationary Member
Nov 7, 2023
Magnolia, Texas
Took FIC 775s out to identify them and they all have this melted or broken down rubber on them. I ordered replacement ring set direct from FIC but they don’t seem to have anything in the kit that would correspond to the grey stuff. Anyone know what (if anything) needs to be replaced? Thank you.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

No idea, that’s kinda what it looks like, but it’s deteriorated pretty bad so it’s difficult to say if it was dabbed on diy style or originally some kind of shaped sleeve. It’s going to be fun cleaning out the ports either way.

There is no question that is grey RTV and someone was having problems getting those to seal and decided silicone was the answer. It wasn't!

Clean it all off. Make sure the new seals are soft and tight on the injectors.

If you bought them new and had someone install then on your car don't let then touch it again. If they came with the car like that, there are likely many more half-a$$ed surprises hiding.

It’s a project car that came that way, been going through it slowly just trying to figure out everything they’ve done. They have 17mm spacers to make up for the height difference of these injectors and it probably needed to be closer to 14mm, plus there’s no sheet rings to help keep it seated. Dropping in stock for now and pulling the maft just to get to the point of addressing the next issues. All good I don’t mind the efforts this will take. I enjoy challenges and learning new things. Plus it’s an opportunity to work on something with my son…. for the next 20 years apparently :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back