The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Installing engine harness and fuse box harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanGST

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2010
Bronx, New_York
I need a how to on installing and engine harness and fuse box harness. I am having diffculties finding it online.

There aren't going to be too many how-to's on installing the body harness. Pretty much just bolt the fuse box in place, and route the short side threw the passenger side wheel well and the longer side along the bottom of the radiator support and thru the driver side wheel well. You will see all the spots the plug plug into inside the car when you get the harness pulled threw.

Its a lot of work took me some time had to do it twice, relocated mine in the bay and did some wiring, again, there is no one way to do it. Be careful not to damage any connectors in the process.

The connectors in the engine is straight forward. My concern is when it enters the car throught the fender side where does it goes. I havent recieve the harnessed yet so I cant look at it. Also same for the fuse box harness when it enters the cabin through the fenders where does it goes from their

The body harness goes thu behind the fenders and the engine harness goes in thru the firewall. For the engine harness there will be plugs behind the radio to plug part of the harness into and the other part will connect to the ecu and rear o2 sensor. The body harness just hooks into the fuse box and to a few plugs in the driver side and to a few hanging plugs in the passenger side as well as the abs control box if you have abs in the car. It's pretty straight forward, plug and play.

While you're waiting on the harnesses to get there, it would be a good time to remove the dashboard, front seats, and any other interior pieces near by. It definitely helps to have plenty of room while under there.

While you're waiting on the harnesses to get there, it would be a good time to remove the dashboard, front seats, and any other interior pieces near by. It definitely helps to have plenty of room while under there.

There is no need to remove the dash to install the engine or body harness. They can both easily be installed with the dash in place.

Yea true I get it friday but I'm like a kid waiting for christmas

Ok, I got the harnesses today. My question is can I put the fusebox from 4g63 in the spyder 4g64 and everything be working properly

That's the problem the fuse box harness I recieved is for a 97 talon but I have a spyder

The passenger side fender wire plugs right by the blower motor. Just one big easy plug.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Driver side has about 5plugs that go into the interior harness and the fusebox by the clutch pedal. It is hard as hell to get those out. I would take that fusebox out. One nut at the bottom and a little tab at the top. It was too dark to get any pictures but here's the plugs driver side

IT might not have power at all with the coupe harness. There is a blank spot in the fuse box where the power for the top motor comes from.

Use a wiring diagram. I have the wiring diagram for all the electical components for the 2g from all data.

I'm going to compare everything and try and see if I can wire something separate for the top. I'm comparing the wiring diagram from the hardtop sunroof and the spyder top. And see if I can somehow run it on the same line with some mortification.

IT's just one wire that will plug into the body harness in the driver side. I'd just run a single wire along the body harness from the fuse box and into the body harness.

IT's just one wire that will plug into the body harness in the driver side. I'd just run a single wire along the body harness from the fuse box and into the body harness.

Do you have a picture of the exact location?

No I haven't yet. I had other problems. I bent some valves. So had to take the engine apart today.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back