The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Initial AFC Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 28, 2002
Dickinson, North_Dakota
2g
Evo 3 Big 16g (18 psi)
FIC 750c injectors
Supra Fuel pump (re-wired)
2.5" exhaust with o2 dump
FMIC

We got a logger I'm just trying to figure out initial settings and go from there.

80% high throttle and 35% low throttle

I started on high throttle settings at -25 cor all the way across

try
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newafcsetting.htm

or
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58403

You might have trouble getting it to run smoothly with those big 750s
-25 is a good starting point.

What about low throttle settings? I've never played with an afc with injectors that big. And I know how to tune and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to retard the cas a little bit. I'm just looking to save some time and seeing what other people have theirs set at. Then I can take their settings, richen it up a little bit ### every car is different and then start from there.

Hey man, haven't talked to ya since back in the DSMLife days. Hahaha... I second the DSMLink. That's what I'm running in my Talon.

It's not my car. My 1g has dsmlink, this tuning is not for my car.

Yea haven't talked to in awhile either, you should send me a pm with ## msn addy and we'll have to catch up sometime

Ouch, 750's and a SAFC.....That's going to be tough. Mathematical correction to hit the factory AFR of 9.5:1 is -40%. You might want to start around -35 or so to be safe. Keep a good eye on timing since it's going to be insane. TPS trigger points should be 30% and 80%.

Good luck, you're going to need it. :)

Agreed....Timing would be insane to the point you are going to start knocking. Get a chip ASAP or switch to an injector that the AFC can handle. The limit for a AFC is about 680.

-Brian

Agreed. Get those injectors out of the car ASAP or get a better tuning tool. Just for reference my Denso 660's were corrected on my SAFC2 at THpts 30/80 and -46% and I was still running 10.2:1 AFR @ 24* timing :coy:

Ouch, 750's and a SAFC.....That's going to be tough. Mathematical correction to hit the factory AFR of 9.5:1 is -40%. You might want to start around -35 or so to be safe. Keep a good eye on timing since it's going to be insane. TPS trigger points should be 30% and 80%.

Good luck, you're going to need it. :)

How did you get 40%? I found 750's to be 66% bigger than 450's.... please elaborate.

The correction factor is -40% for 750's with stock fuel pressure.

If the car has an adjustable fuel pressure regulator I would drop the fuel pressure down to around 36 psi. That will make the injectors flow roughly the same as a 680cc injector and the correction factor would be around -33. Make sure the fuel trims are where they're supposed to be before you tune full throttle settings.

The calculation for injector size compensation is as follows:

[(S / N) - 1] * 100 = C

Where,

N = New Injector Size
S = Stock Injector Size
C = SAFC Correction Factor

So, in your case the calculation would be:

[(450 / 750) - 1] * 100 = -40%

Keep in mind, this is the mathematical correction factor used to hit the ECU's target AFR of 9.5:1. It will vary from car to car, so it's best to start a little on the rich side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back