The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

High Downforce eclipse body kit, gauging interest

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerdrew

DSM Wiseman
Oct 5, 2007
Yokohama, Japan, Asia
Hey everyone. It seems I finally got setup for what everyone has been requesting. I have someone willing to produce the body I designed for my eclipse. They asked me to post and gauge interest because they want to at least know that we can make our money back on the molds. They are willing to do this job even just to break even as a favor to me and the community, which was really kind of them. They are doing it in return for a bunch of work I did for them. We will just produce enough to cover costs and then never again.

The body kit would be a replica of the body on my car which consists of a front bumper, including front winglets, front splitter, front fenders, side skirts with rear fender extensions. One thing that will change from how the body is on my car is that the rear fenders will be cleaned up to be a complete arch over the rear wheel area. Also, the NACA style intake duct on the passenger side of the hood will go away. Tire size accommodation will be 315mm wide tires on all 4 corners maybe 295 depending on how the rear turns out. I currently run a 325mm front and a 285mm rear with no problems at all.

For those of you that don't know, the body kit has been an evolution and now on its second year in racing. This kit is designed by me, a professional aerodynamic designer from GT racing both in Japan and the US. It was modeled using Computational Fluid Dynamics and makes a LOT of downforce. When you have this body on your car you will feel the whole car compressing into the ground on the freeway. At 120mph my car compresses more than an inch. This is a handling/downforce focused body kit. This is a championship winning race car body design, it is probably the principle reason for our domination in every event we raced. Currently holding official and unofficial records at all race tracks it ever ran at.

This is a pretty hardcore body, its not for the feint hearted. When this car rolls by people stop in their tracks. It doesnt look anything like a street car... it looks absurd so just know that when you get into this. It is designed for just one thing, lap times.

A couple quick shots of the kit:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

full set of pics here
Time Attack Mitsubishi Eclipse Borhor’s Blog

My goal with this is to take what we've learned and spent so much on and share it with the community. I've worked on this for the last 3 years of my life and I hope to elevate the game of the whole DSM community with it.

If any of you would be interested in a kit like this, please shoot me a PM or reply here with questions. I hope this is the proper forum for this and I haven't done anything wrong for the mods to do this. I'm not sure if someone has to sponsor the forum for me to post this or not but its a not for profit endeavor so I wasn't sure. Please let me know if there is anything I have to take care of on that end.

Thank you for your time

Andrew Brilliant

It's definitely lower than stock if you take the trailing edge of a stock bumper (right in front of the tires) its actually not that much lower (maybe 1/2") but its the same height ALL the way forward, so at the nose its def lower than stock.

Because we had a ride height rule we designed the entire car to be the same height underneath. If your car is at stock height or a bit lower it gives you around 4" ground clearance at all points. Price wise like I said we just want to break even and cover the molds. They havent given me an exact price until they look at my car so I'm just guessing at maybe 4k or 5k. After I get interest gauged I'll get an exact number by having them look at the car closely.

If we cant build it cheap enough to sell we'll just have to keep it a one off kit so that's what we're trying to find out.

Now only if I had money. Just wondering, only for spyders? or will hardtops be able to run it too?

I want one but a few questions...

Does it come as a full kit, ie front bumper, rear bumper, hood, fenders, rear quarter panel add ons, sideskirts, rear diffuser, spoiler? - I want your car...

How 'bolt on' would it be?

Also, is there going to be any plans to release some drawings or pics of the roll cage??

I want one but a few questions...

Does it come as a full kit, ie front bumper, rear bumper, hood, fenders, rear quarter panel add ons, sideskirts, rear diffuser, spoiler? - I want your car...

regarding the bolt on...
The rear over fenders have to be riveted on or molded on because that's uni body back there you cant unbolt it from the chassis.

It would not include a rear wing.

Our goal is going to be to produce a high quality kit. I am biased here but I have hard data too when I say that this is top tier aero, years ahead of anyone that sells to consumer markets. There is no body kit I am aware of in the aftermarket performance world that produces this kind of downforce. There are so many details of the GT car replica kits that are done wrong that destroy their functionality. I will be camped out as this kit is produced to ensure that everything remains functional and true to the original as I have tested and refined it. We will install, test, revise and retest. There will be hard data on aero loading. I wouldnt produce this any other way and it wouldnt go on my personal car any other way. We will be campaigning my car on track with the same parts so knowing how seriously I took everything on my car so far, that should give some idea to how this will be handled.

We would not take deposits until the first mold is popped and we test fit it.

How about individual components like if I wanted your hood? Probably not what your going for... but damn... as soon as I saw your hood I was hooked... and good luck finding anything remotely like it! I love your car all the way around, I just don't see it all on my DD :p

Yah we could sell just hoods as well. Not sure how that works out for how much we need to sell to break even on the molds. But we're looking for probably just 4-5 sets to be made.

Even though molds will be made, you will not be able/allowed to purchase the setup after this? I'm assuming the molds will still be in tact in case you need/want more parts in the future.

I have been interested in this since you started with it, but am not sure I could afford it right now.

I'm not really trying to get into the body kit business and if you sell a lot of these they will get copied. Thats the LAST thing I want is to see my body design getting bastardized by some china made ebay crap.

With making just a handful we can build something unique into each part and know who to sue if its ever copied ;) There will be a thing for you to sign that you will not replicate and sell the parts.

i would love to rock your body kit but 4k is too steep for me. and i have a talon but i assume everything would fit except for the rear bumper stuff

and that is 4k each not 4k to cover the molds right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back