The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help me!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2G-GS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas
I have a oil leak coming from the oil feed line from the head to the turbo. it keeps going when im tighting it an i know its stripped. but where do i take the head to get it fixed??
I dont want to have to replace the head because of that little problem:/

SO PLEASE :pray: PM ME IF KNOWN... I live In Corpus Christi

I don't live in your area so I don't know about shops, but have you tried using teflon tape on the threads? I accidently stripped a oil drain plug and I wrapped it in teflon tape. It has held for over a year now. You might atleast give that a try while you're trying to hunt down a shop. Just remember this isn't a permanent solution. Hope that helps you.

The teflon tape won't work on stripped threads. you will need to drill and tap the hole for a heli coil repair. Napa has the whole kit and the proper drill bit. Just take the banjo bolt in and they can give you the right size thread repair kit . There are a bunch of posts on how to repair a stripped oil feed line on the main site. I do all my own work, because some shops are seedy and I want it done right.
Things that can go wrong: you don't get all the metal shavings out and they will go to your turbo bearings and might score them, causing wear or failure,
Shavings could go to your lifters and clog them up, causing them to sieze up.

It is easy to prevent the shavings from escaping by putting some axle grease on the drill bit. This aol trap 95% of the shavings. Remember, you don't need a 4" deep hole. Those threads only go in about 1/2 inch or so.
I put tape on my drill bit at the depth I want to drill to, so I don't go deeper then I have to. Aluminum is very soft, and it also wants to grab the bit too.
There is also another oil gallery plug on the front side of the head right by where you are making the repair. Take it out before you start, this will help you clean out any left over shavings.
Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back