The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Future classics and collectables

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm sure in 40 years there will be a lot of silly cars we all will say who the flip would pay that much for that thing? I know I occasionally do that now when I see some pricey cars from the 50-60's

I never said I expect Honda Preludes to sell for $100k however you think Fox Body Mustangs will. Who's the crazy one here? ROFL

I never said that, but just for giggles, they have and do. Cars for Sale: 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra Hatchback in Westmont, IL 60559: Hatchback Details - 308688706 - AutoTrader.com

And so do Buick Grand Nationals, although neither is representative of typical prices.

Just because you want something to be collectible because you like it personally doesn't mean it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm perfectly fine still being able to afford parts easily. I don't know the Supra market too well, but I just saw in the current issue of DSPORT that a stock MKIV Supra Turbo transmission can easily sell for more than $3000! OMG I'm sure in a lot of car communities that's commonplace, but I'd rather spend my money on other things! My thoughts were more along the lines of cars that I've bought and sold. I know a lot of car guys go through a lot of different cars and it'll be fun to see which ones end up selling for a lot that we used to own and kick ourselves for selling as a consequence. Either way it will make for some good stories!

This is from a 2009 article, but here's the Grassroots Motorsports list of the top 25 cars that define our scene.

1) Mazda Miata
2) BMW 3 Series
3) Honda Civic, CRX, Integra
4) Ford Mustang
5) Porsche 911
6) Chevy Corvette
7) Chevy Camaro
8) Mini Cooper
9) Factory 5 Roadster
10) Nissan Z
11) VW GTI
12) Mazda RX7/8
13) Subaru Impreza
14) SCCA Spec Racer
15) Toyota MR2
16) Lotus Elise
17) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
18) DSM - Eclipse, Talon, Laser
19) Dodge Neon
20) Honda S2000
21) Porsche Boxster
22) Toyota Celica/Corolla
23) Nissan Sentra SE-R
24) Dodge Viper
25) Volvo 2 and 7 series

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back