The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New DSMs and Dodge's future plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some of that seems a bit far fetched to me. A Dodge Lancer EVO? All of the Chrysler dealers are totally distancing themselves from any older Mitsu/Chrylser cars/parts so that article doesn't make sense. The 4th gen Eclipse is already far in developement and is all Mitsubishi so any joint ventures won't inclue the Eclipse. It seems foolish for Mitsubishi to dump the tried and true 4G63T for an unproven Hyundai designed engine.:dsm:

Car builders go in cycles old ideas always come back nothing new here.

Anybody notice the Dodge Razor?

Looks like an ugly 350Z spin off. RWD, 6-speed transmission with 250hp and 230 ft-lb torque with a 0-60 in under 6 seconds.

The price is the interesting part; stated to sell for $14,500 or up to $20,000 for the turbocharged model. Seems pretty cool, ugly however.

Jake

sorry to break your hearts, DSM is not coming back, all that is happening is Chrysler/Mitsu are joining another partnership with each other. I seriously doubt that Diamond Star Motors will ever be back, although id like to see myself proven wrong

Originally posted by LaserBrndU
sorry to break your hearts, DSM is not coming back, all that is happening is Chrysler/Mitsu are joining another partnership with each other. I seriously doubt that Diamond Star Motors will ever be back, although id like to see myself proven wrong
I think DSM might be coming back but most likely not
in the eclipse form, it would most likely be a restyled detuned 2-door EVO. I don't really think that a new DSM would take away from EVO sales to much, cause they sell what? A couple thousand EVO's a year?

Tis true. Word from my counterparts from small car plateform is this is happening. Lots of talk of Mitsu's AWD turbo platform resurfacing ................ with dodge's flare to styling. So, the detuned EVO in 2 door skins........... likely to happen. And it's still DSM, but in a new form.

i really like that razor

nice motor/drivetrain + very....interesting looks

looks like if a pt cruiser ran into a 350Z...but i kinda like it

well its not really a DSM, because it is not made by Diamond Star Motors, but it is good to see them get back together. I think Mitsubishi will rethink the Eclipse and return it to true form...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back