The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink First wide open pulls..What you guys think

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
I am running a stock 6bolt, fp green, 1000cc pte injectors on speed density. I wasnt pushing it to hard, Just looking for some impressions as im gunna start to make some serious pulls

Attachments

• log.2016.04.25-02.elg
    478.2 KB · Views: 76
As far as knock goes it looks pretty good. It doesn't look like you are logging your actual boost though. Isn't that one of the perks of speed density. Also, what type of fuel are you running?

@kodylk08 omni4bar is in there, just have to add it to the screen.

as far as the log:

i agree not bad, however pretty rich for a tuned car if you know what you're doing. for pump gas you can lean it out to at least 11.0 target AFR.

also, what's up with your battery/alternator? its a funky wave the entire log, might want to keep an eye on that, voltage regulator on the alt may be nearing its end.

as far as the DA tables:

nice to see you kept a conservative Min table for fuel/timing.

as far as the live data:
Did someone tell you to tune with the fuel sliders or did you do that on your own ? (also in short pulsewidth adjustments tab, you have 841, factory setting is 840)

MAFComp tab, if you're on SD, you need to check "disable mafcomp with SD", else your mafcomp changes are also being included.
MAFClamp, again, if you're SD, you don't want these things active.
Unless I'm missing something and you're running some kind of hybrid maf/SD combination I don't know about ?

VE table, you have some anomalies on the table, where it goes left to right: low number / high number / low number. this is not optimal. from the upper left to the highest VE cells in the middle lower portion of the table, should be a smooth ramp of numbers. doesn't have to be linear, but numbers should not go up, then down, then up.

What are you activating with the EGR solenoid ?

I see you've activated E85 support, will you ONLY be running e85 ? typically this (support) is done when you'll be running a mixture of e85 and pump. therefore you need to tune your Min map for idle/cruise/wot on pump, then your MAX map on pump for idle/cruise/wot. only then, would you have the proper data to interpolate between both maps for the ethanol content.

Idle air clamp is enabled, you still have AC in your 1g ?

Misc tab, you disabled airflow smoothing with SD, just more maf/SD confusion on my end looking at it.

ECU tab, most people lock the "baro and intake temp" when on SD, but if you're still using a mitsu MAF, keep it unchecked (more confusion)

Thanks for all the help guys, I've been learning as I go. Yes, Ive been scratching my head with the alternator, it's been relocated to the back. I'm gunna double check for loose wires, it's the original alternator so I wouldn't be surpised if it's dying.So with speed density, what data am I changing? I don't touch the Ve table? I probably jumped the gun, as I was gunna jump into e85. If I wanna lean up the fuel mixtures were do I do this?

Forgot to mention, fuel is 93. Also I think I figured out what was causing the voltage irregularities, my battery terminals were loose very loose. Haven't checked on my hypothesis but when I got back that day I had to tighten them Down

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back