The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

First time out, my baseline times

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazthug

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2003
livermore, California
First night open track of summer, so it was packed

Only got 2 full runs in

Here are the specs:

1999gst with 18" wheels and kumho tires(LOL)
Stock t25, stock clutch, stock engine, stock cams, passes smog, LOL

Mods:

ADFX SMIC
RRE upper IC pipe, type S bov
2.5"->3" downpipe
3" magnaflow CAT
3" Thermal exhuast
Injen CAI
profec B

TUning:
PLX m300 wideband
SAFC
stock injectors, stock fuel pump, NO rewire, nothing fuel added.

100 octane uleaded

WOW this car wheel hops like mad, i am in the process of finishing my front urathane bushings, but damn, i need to fix all this stuff, so launching is NONE excistent, just bog it out and feed the throttle

Boost controller set at 18psi midrange, falls off to about 13psi redline

NO fuel cuts, just good tuning, still pulling about 7-9% on HI to get an even 12:1 a/f ratio

1st run:

60ft - 2.4
1/4 - 14.286@98mph

2nd run: ( later in the night, slightly cooler, also leaded out 5000-7000rpm 2% because it was still quiet rich because boost dropped off)

60ft -2.634
1/4 - [email protected](100mph)

Not too shabby for 2 runs, first time out ever with this car

Previous car was a ford focus, turbo, standalone, but it hooked up way better, FULL polyurathane, Quaife tranny, better suspension setup.

Anways, im getting some drag radials for sure, and stiffening up the front drivetrain so i can hook better

My friend in his srt4 with the same weight and about the same power was cutting 2.1 60fts all night

The car will easily go high 13's with better traction

That second run it started hopping like mad, so i had to let off in 1st and still ran fairly fast.

Im shooting for 12's with drag radials and 16g with a fmic

The car LOVES race gas, OMG, this car responds great to race gas

On the freeway and around town, the car just pulls unline a T25 should pull, LOL.

Last edited by nazthug on 05-08-2004 at 12:16 PM

Nice MPH for the mods.

To reduce wheelhop, you should get a set of polyurethane motor mounts, the front mount is the most important if you don't want all the vibration that the full set gives you. Also, stiffen the rear suspension to reduce the rearward weight transfer.

I bet you could put that T-25 deep into the 13's!

yup, i think my main problem is my motor mounts

Also my under car brace(where the mount mounts to) is messed up because the 2 bolts that hold it up front, 1 of them is missing, stripped out, so i have to get it helicoiled and put back and tightened down

I still have to do my rear mount, and also fill my 2 side mounts with something hard.

I got all polyurathane front suspension done and it helps alot once you get rolling, but i still cant get it to go smooth if i try to get out of the hole too quick

WIth 20psi and better traction with drag radials, it will go 13.5-15.6 easy

but i wont be the one trying, simply because the t25's evil brother, 16g is taking over command :D

hope you dont plan on running 20 psi on the t25 cause it wont help much . Those are some nice times though for your mods. high trap time for a t25 thats for sure

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back