The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Finally, my car is done (for now)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morel

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2004
hereford, Pennsylvania
It took all summer.. But It's all done..

You try doing body work in a driveway, when it has to be all put together at the end of the day, and you still have the drive it every day..

UGH..

:)

Sorry bout the quality of the pics, my Digital camera is having problems lately.. ;)

clean, i remember doing body work on my first 2g eclipse, also in the driveway. yours looks pretty nice what paint did you use?

quiksilver38 said:
clean, i remember doing body work on my first 2g eclipse, also in the driveway. yours looks pretty nice what paint did you use?

Dupont.. Got a deal on it.. :)

Though alot of the rubber trim was a goner, Decided to just paint over it until I can scrounge up some new trim from a Junkyard or whatnot.. meh, better then it was.. heheh.

I still got about a day of buffing it all out. But decided to wait a few days for it to cure properly. :)

ILLiCliPSE said:
ya dont wax it either the paint is still real pourus and will seap in the wax and youll be fuxord LOL...

looks great man congrats!

hahah, ya I learned that the hard way. I had my Hyundai maaco'd and waxed it the very next day..

Oooops.. I was freaking out.. Never did get rid of the stains completely. hehe

Ya, I noticed something today though.. Theres a little part where I filled in the holes (left by the wing) on my hatch that wasn't totally smooth/flat! Gahhh! Thats what I get for choosing black..

Wetsanded that SOB like 5 times too... -SIGH-

BTW, Just swapped in a black dash I had laying around.. Anyone else think they overengineer it a bit? I mean come on, it was like 53 screws.. And I had 3 left over.. For the life of me I have no idea where the hell they woulda gone.... LOL

clean....hell id say sexy!

there are so many aftermarket parts for DSMs that one can easily make them look crappy and by crappy i mean, like everyone elses eclipse, ect ect...and black is sexy

nice job, what kinda shoes she wearing?:thumb:

yeah, bodywork sucks when you still have to drive it everyday. I usauall on my car would put it up over periods of a few months and get taxied around by my buddies and girlfriend. LOL

Looks really good, I like the way you incorporated the 2gb eclipse sideskirts. Do you have any pictures from directly behind?

E116 said:
Looks really good, I like the way you incorporated the 2gb eclipse sideskirts. Do you have any pictures from directly behind?

Not from Directly, but here's a rear one..

Looks good. I'm normally not a fan of colored tinting but I like the blue. It really looks good on the black. Are you doing anything else to the interior? I saw the part about the dash swap...that's never any fun. I've sat through a couple. Can the Talons do antenna swaps? If so I think a stubby would look good on there too :)

Rogue-chic said:
Looks good. I'm normally not a fan of colored tinting but I like the blue. It really looks good on the black. Are you doing anything else to the interior? I saw the part about the dash swap...that's never any fun. I've sat through a couple. Can the Talons do antenna swaps? If so I think a stubby would look good on there too :)

Well I already did the interior -sorta- Basic black with some blue highlights.. I donno why the door inserts look purple on my camera..go figure :)

attachment.php

I also have blue indigo gauges, (middle console too) I have a pioneer Headunit that illuminates blue (with movies :) )

Can you figure out the theme? :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back