The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G FADED engine bay tag

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imo, just take it off and have one custom printed or make a metal badge. A friend of mine did that and it looked like a little license plate, and it added a really nice touch of color to his bay. There's plenty of places online that can do this, just gotta look :)

The search bar is a powerful tool...
Contact @jdxnc he makes them. I still have to order mine from him

All you need is the vin number? I literally can't read anything on mine. It's just a dirty white sticker at this point.

Lol I realize that. But there's more on the tag than just that but he can pull what he needs from the vin.

so how are people attaching them so they dont look wonky rivets or an adhesive of some sort?

I just used simple 1/8" rivets and just lined up the VIN plate, marked the drill holes, grabbed a fresh 1/8" bit and drill, and drilled them on a piece of wood, then deburred the holes and fitted it in.

I used Jason Drew - Woodside Customs - http://www.under-your-skin.com/jdf/

Beforehand, measure your old VIN tag so you can have him get the new VIN tag as close in dimension to the old one. The car I just did one on had a VIN sticker instead of a plate (97 eclipse), and I had Jason get me a slightly larger plate made to cover the old VIN sticker up. Turned out perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back