The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Engine bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
So I have a fully loaded completely stock 2.4l spyder. I want to clean out the engine bay. Get it lookin light and clean enough to eat off. Anything I can get rid of for sure? ( I don't want lights to come on in my dash that I can't get rid of the right way.). I have two car alarms and I want them both gone to start

Lot of what you keep and get rid of will depend on what you do with the car. Like ac, power steering, cruise control all the luxuries of a car.

Lot of what you keep and get rid of will depend on what you do with the car. Like ac, power steering, cruise control all the luxuries of a car.

Well I dislike cruise. Ac isn't hooked up. Why wouldn't I want power steeringOMG

I want to keep pl, pw and Obv the power top

I would look around for wire tuck which will get you started on a cleaner bay, also look int getting a non-cruise throttle cable. This will help clean up the engine bay by removing the cruise control items.

with a 2g he doesnt need a non-cuise cable...The stock cable running to the cruise box can be modifed easily to fit. I found this out when I didn;t want to pay $60 for a cable. You dont even have to un-bolt the line through the firewall it's too easy.

Ya I'm lookin for free mods

Im not going to lie our factory harness is pretty forgiving with wire tucking..I mean, with the big injector harness unbolted from the intake manifold, you can tuck it under the plenum and also give the rest of your harness slack in other places good for tucking.

Here's my engine bay from a simple tuck, no wire cutting, no modification at all, just manipulation of whats there.

Sorry for the slight blur, lens wasn't really clean.

Attachments

• 2525.jpg
    2525.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 66
Im not going to lie our factory harness is pretty forgiving with wire tucking..I mean, with the big injector harness unbolted from the intake manifold, you can tuck it under the plenum and also give the rest of your harness slack in other places good for tucking.

Here's my engine bay from a simple tuck, no wire cutting, no modification at all, just manipulation of whats there.

Sorry for the slight blur, lens wasn't really clean.

That's real clean. I've got a bit of work ahead of me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back