The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Exhaust Choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow_Rs

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2020
glasgow, Kentucky
Ive been looking around at some aftermarket exhausts and don’t know whether to go 2.5in or 3in piping into either a 4in or a 4.5in muffler, i know a pipe is a just a pipe at the end of the day LOL, i just want to get recommendations for the best affective and good sounding diameters of an exhaust that you all run.

Any help/recommendations are appreciated!

Yonaka exhaust is what I have on my 420A. gives it deep tones and not that fart sound. also Amazon has good exhaust for like $100!

Yonaka exhaust is what I have on my 420A. gives it deep tones and not that fart sound. also Amazon has good exhaust for like $100!
yeah i’ve been looking at the cheaper sides of exhausts LOL, i found a couple but i don’t know how they sound on 420a, i don’t want it to be fart can LOL

most 420a exhaust that are sold as 2.5" are 2.5" OD and 2.25" ID. I wouldn't go with a 3" unless you have a turbo. NA with a 3" you would probably loose more on the low end then you would gain on the top end.
The cat is the biggest restriction in the exhaust. the stock cat is 2" ID, with carbon build up it'll be a little less than that (i just measured one and it was 1.89")

most 420a exhaust that are sold as 2.5" are 2.5" OD and 2.25" ID. I wouldn't go with a 3" unless you have a turbo. NA with a 3" you would probably loose more on the low end then you would gain on the top end.
The cat is the biggest restriction in the exhaust. the stock cat is 2" ID, with carbon build up it'll be a little less than that (i just measured one and it was 1.89")
i’ve been looking at a catback that’s a 2.5in with a 4.5 muffler, you think it would sound decent?

Apexi N1 if you can find one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back