The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

dsmlink meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas, I think we should do a track rental anyway. Open it to dsm'ers first for the 20 that is required for a minum then open it to friends of those who are attending. (all money up front of course) I would shoot for a friday, if you wouldn't be able to get a weekend. Let me know if there is anything you like me to do.

the 350z forum has done a track rental at Mason Dixon the last 2 or 3 years. I think it ended up being like $25-$30 to run and there were a bunch of cars but probably only 15 or so did steady runs so alot of the guys got in 20+ runs. It was done on Saturday nights I think.

Well, my car decided to be a PITA this past weekend. I had it out and did 2 pulls (one Saturday and one Sunday) from 2k to redline. It decided to blow off my oil cooler soft hose from the thermostat housing on both pulls. The first one was kind of understandable as the clamp wasn't doing it's job. The second one had on a much stiffer clamp, but still happened.

So, if I can possibly fix the problem on Friday or Saturday, I might be there (after a good bit of testing). But at this point it's really up in the air. The only thing my brother and I can think of is some sort of obstruction in the line.

I"ll try to meet up at the Weis in laurel/Savage around 9:30 and leave around 10. I think Uhaul opens at 9 so i have to ride down there and come back and load up the car and head to weis.
Who all wants to meet up at the Weis to ride down to Mason Dixon?

If Im not too mad to fix the broke ass DSM... then I will probably just meet you guys there because If it is fixed, I plan to be in frostburg for halloween and head to mason dixon from there

Where are you getting your weather information? According to weather.com there's a 60% change of rain on Sunday.
As usual, they keep changing everything.

I *just* checked both weather.com and wunderground.com. The former shows 30% chance. The latter shows 60%. Both suggest less rain in the afternoon hours than morning, but rain still possible. Unfortunately, I tend to believe wunderground.com over weather.com.

The forecast looked a lot better just a day or two ago. :cry:

At this point, it's definitely still a go, though.

Thomas Dorris

Doesn't look like anyones meeting up, I'll see you all there at the track.

There calling for rain in Columbia area all day but looks like the rain is supposed to stop in Hagerstown by 11am. My trailer is already locked in so i guess i'll have to give it a shot.

There calling for rain in Columbia area all day but looks like the rain is supposed to stop in Hagerstown by 11am. My trailer is already locked in so i guess i'll have to give it a shot.
Yeah, definitely. Come on out. I really think this is a good day for it. The rain has pretty much stopped here already, despite what the radar is showing. There's no new rain coming down at the moment and I think it's just going to get clearer and clearer as the day goes on. By noon, the sun is supposed to be out and everything's going to dry up. Heck, they were running all afternoon yesterday and yesterday was supposed to be a big rain day...

Thomas Dorris

Loaded the car lastnight, started the chili for the dogs. We are leaving here in about 2 hours. I'm ready for this, it's been a long time comming.

Well the weather sucks in columbia but yeah in Frederick and Hagerstown it looks good. I went to U-Haul and my trailer wasn't there, so i'll be driving the laser there and wasting lots of race gas, i have an extra 2 gallons thankfully. See you all there.

Well the weather sucks in columbia but yeah in Frederick and Hagerstown it looks good. I went to U-Haul and my trailer wasn't there, so i'll be driving the laser there and wasting lots of race gas, i have an extra 2 gallons thankfully. See you all there.
Oh, that sucks. Glad you made the trip anyway! It was nice putting a face to the screen name.

I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. That was a great time today.

Thomas Dorris

Good to meet you too Tom. Glad we could motivate you to drag race your car for the first time in 10years. Considering, it did very well. Your good luck must have rubbed off on the helmet, cause i did a new best after i got it back.

My third and final pass i did a 12.6 @110 mph with a weak 1.92 60' spinning off the line and bogging in second. The laser definitely has a 12.4 in it.

What's up with the set up on the wet box. There isn't really any way to completely drive around it and when i did my third pass i could see water tracked up to the staging lights from the wet box. No wander i spun, i only launched at 5500 rpm's.

sorry i didnt make it guys, REALLY wanted to come and get some testing in so i can run next weekend, but of course i didnt get anything figured out this week with the car. When i woke up this morning it was pouring here and just wasnt up for the 2hr drive. But on the plus side i got to spend some much needed time with my 6week old son and figured out what was wrong with my buddys 74 challenger, so wasnt a total loss!

I can't remember everybody's names, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone for answering all my questions about running my galant down the lane for the first time. I had a total blast! :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back