The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch symptoms? and track times

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcomsnow245

10+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2011
chicago, Illinois
Hey guys been awhile since I've been on here. My car is a 92 talon tsi awd. 20g turbo, hks cams, 680cc injectors, tial wastegate, 255 pump, Maft. Tuned on a custom EPROM chip.

I finally brought my car back to the track and all I can say is wow... I saw a stock auto talon run a faster time than me. I've had a lot of expirence launching the car and racing.
My question is my car seems to be getting loud making 20psi of boost but it's not pulling like it should. No knock at all! When I launch the car it usually launches okay but when I'm in second it doesn't move as fast. I also get a big smell of clutch. it feels like I'm loosing traction but I'm not. It feels and sounds exactly like it.
I ran a 14.7 at 95mph
I have a stage 2 tre trans and I believe the clutch was an exedy (it's blue)

Easy way to diagnose a slipping clutch is to get the car in 5th gear around 2500rpm and then put the pedal to the metal. If your rpm jump without the car accelerating, the clutch is the culprit.

Hey guys been awhile since I've been on here. My car is a 92 talon tsi awd. 20g turbo, hks cams, 680cc injectors, tial wastegate, 255 pump, Maft. Tuned on a custom EPROM chip.

I finally brought my car back to the track and all I can say is wow... I saw a stock auto talon run a faster time than me. I've had a lot of expirence launching the car and racing.
My question is my car seems to be getting loud making 20psi of boost but it's not pulling like it should. No knock at all! When I launch the car it usually launches okay but when I'm in second it doesn't move as fast. I also get a big smell of clutch. it feels like I'm loosing traction but I'm not. It feels and sounds exactly like it.
I ran a 14.7 at 95mph
I have a stage 2 tre trans and I believe the clutch was an exedy (it's blue)
yr clucth is prob gone hit the road shift into 2nd mid then very low third and gas it see if yr rpms go up fast if so then its the clutch any fork mods or extend slave shaft installed?

Nothing that I know done with the fork. Brand new slave last year. The clutch has to be about 6 years old now but still engaged like brand new. I'm going to go test that right now and see what happens. Thanks guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back