The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

CEL Thrown Under Light Load

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypergenesis

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Tracy, California
For some reason my car will randomly throw a CEL when im around -12 - 13 inHG(Vac) and its through all the gears and happens really randomly. As soon as I left off the gas the CEL goes away instantly.

Anyone have ideas to why? The car doesn't run rich only at WOT and my cruise and idle is always around 14.3-14.7 I am also running a narrow band simulation with DSMLINK I don't know if that would cause any problems.

Thanks
Armin

Well with a cel have it checked out this is when you need logging software to check those codes then you, can diagnose the cel issue and why its going off. So what code do you have since you have link?

Just the o2 code. But the CEL turns on and then will turn off as soon as I let off the gas.

The Only CEL I have had for probably the past 4-5 months was the o2 sensor I turned off with DSMLINK and I had one for my coolant temp sensor and a misfire. But that was from the car sitting when I went on a trip out of the country that fixed itself.

Do you have a 6 bolt in your 2G, running a 1g cam angle sensor? I have this same issue and Ive gotten to log it a couple times but it is a very intermittent problem. On the datalog it looks like all of the sudden the timing goes out of control or just really high. I let out of it and it stops. I read somewhere on here that it is an issue with the 1G CAS and a 2G ecu. One of the wierd things is that I put my 6 bolt in about 2 years ago and it just started doing it about 6 months ago but like I said, it's very intermittent, comes and goes. Is there anyone else on here that can shine some light on this issue?

Honestly no Mines is the same stock 2g 7 bolt I have had in it since I bought it . Its a 2g CAS with a newer 2g ECU that's chipped with dsmlink. Its just weird because it isn't like the car stuns to run worse or not pick up the CEL is just thrown . More light on this issue would be appreciated .

*Armin

If it's a real CEL, DSMLink will tell you what it is by looking at the DTC's. Depending on where you have your knock sensor control and Knock CEL set to it may be just trying to tell you it's seeing knock.

If it's a real CEL, DSMLink will tell you what it is by looking at the DTC's. Depending on where you have your knock sensor control and Knock CEL set to it may be just trying to tell you it's seeing knock.

:thumb:
Yeap, X2.

Yea it doesn't seem like it would cause problems but im still curious about it and what not. If I had a laptop I could see what exactly gets thrown with DSMLINK but I still can't

&Armin

You can check with Link to see what's going on.

I have set to trow a CEL when my Temperature hits target.
It can be a knock, temp, or something else.

Why don't you try a different o2 sensor? I had a 94 Accord that would randomly misfire like crazy. I mean it would just start bucking and surging and simply be undriveable. Then it would be perfectly normal again seconds later. It finally threw a CEL, for the O2 sensor. A new sensor took care of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back