The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mock

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2009
Jarrettsville, Maryland
So from what i've read these MudFlaps on the 2gb are hard to find?? Well I guess im lucky to have all 4. But they are faded any ugly right now. What you guys think about cleaning them up and layer some Carbon Fiber Strips over them??? Is it to Ricer or not?? I got my CF hood coming in Friday and CF Hatch will be here May 25th. Was also thinking about making my own CF fog light Bezel. :hellyeah::hellyeah:

What you guys think???

I think the CF mud flaps would be something I'd ROFL everytime I looked at your car, everything else sounds like a good idea though. I like the CF hood and hatch, its real carbon fiber. When your talking about CF overlays on a mud flap thats just cheap and its going to look like crap after a few days of driving. Just hit the stockers with black trim refinisher and be happy you have the rare 2g mud flaps.

:dsm:

Fronts are no longer available from Mitsubishi. And I ordered the last set of the rears from JNZ last summer. Got the last pair in the WORLD! You can always find them used, on here, craigslist, ect.

So your saying ethier make Real Carbon Fiber or Just clean them up and re-paint clean black?

Fronts are no longer available from Mitsubishi. And I ordered the last set of the rears from JNZ last summer. Got the last pair in the WORLD! You can always find them used, on here, craigslist, ect.

stevestevesteve, if you looked at my profile i already have all 4 LOL. I didn't know they were so rare until i read your post a week ago.

My mud flaps scrape on speed bumps, driveways, etc. so doing them in real CF wouldn't work, thats why doing a CF overlay wouldn't work either. The rubber would flex, the CF overlay would wrinkle...

I would have spent $100 for a set of USED GSX mud flaps and looked for months to get them. I gave up and decided it was worth my time to modify a set of Evo IX rally armor flaps. Just something else you can consider if you must change the stock flaps?

2g Rally Armor mud flaps

:dsm:

My mud flaps scrape on speed bumps, driveways, etc. so doing them in real CF wouldn't work.

I do not have the problems of scraping or speed bumps. The ones i have are in mint condition expect for the rubber from my tires. I just wanna know if ppl like the idea or not?? Looking for more opinions :pray:

CF overlay on mud flaps would look weird. Just paint or dye them if they are faded. That's what I'm going to do.

If ever possible, find Mud Flaps that can be suitable to your vehicle and at the same time, it would be able to really get things done and look well in your vehicle. In that way, you would only got to have a good thing for your parts.

Last edited:
I think painting them would be your best bet. after a while of driving the epoxy on the CF will become destroyed and look horrid.

I think that CF mud flaps would look unique at first, then once you hit a speed bump and one cracked or fell off, you would immediately regret it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back