The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2g Rally Armor mud flaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm just letting everyone thats interested in doing this know that there is a difference between the Rally Armor Universal Basic flaps and the Rally Armor Universal U R flaps and its not just the price.

The Universal Basic flaps are thin so when your driving they flop around in the wind coming around the car similar to mud flaps you see on semi trucks. The Universal U R flaps are stiff and a lot thicker so they hold their form and don't flop around, your paying for a higher quality mud flap with that extra $75 price tag.

:dsm:

Well, the generics came in the mail and they are far stiffer than I thought they would be after gofer's last post. Busy weekend, but hopefully I'll slap these on in the next week or so. I can see them being blown back, but not "flapping", really.

Time will tell, but these seem pretty damn nice for the money.

Maybe FLOP wasn't the correct word to use but they are a lot more PLIABLE than the more expensive U R flaps. I say that because there was a local Mazda Speed3 that had the basic Rally Armor flaps and all the way down the track they were waving, too bad the car he was racing wasn't behind him. :D

Take pictures Kris!

You had me expecting a floppy rubber guard, so I was actually pleasantly surprised. No worries.

Now, to drill on the car. :( Self-tapping sheet metal screws, then paint the heads black? Thoughts?

Edit: Let me know if it is too much of a hijack, BTW. I'll gladly split my posts off, if so.

You had me expecting a floppy rubber guard, so I was actually pleasantly surprised. No worries.

Now, to drill on the car. :( Self-tapping sheet metal screws, then paint the heads black? Thoughts?

Edit: Let me know if it is too much of a hijack, BTW. I'll gladly split my posts off, if so.
Haha. Might as well keep it in here, it can be a one stop shop for DSM'rs interested in running Rally Armors.

I mounted mine to the wheel well lining in the rears by using a bolt, a washer, and a nut on the back of it. The fronts I used the existing bolt hole holding on the sideskirt cap, I just had to get a longer bolt. No sheet metal screws or drilling was required so hopefully you don't have to do it either.

I really need to look at what's there. LOL

I can picture the mounts for the old Laser (little built in "flaps" on the end-cap, but can't picture the wheelwell of this car.

Awesome thread. Been waiting for someone to put them on a 1g. Lando i'd love to see pics once their installed and of course any install info you want to give out.

Wow guys.. that does look really really good. I will have to pick some up before snowfall.

I just ordered a new set of the Rally Armor mud flaps. I can't wait to get them on the car. This thread was very inspiring.

I'm in the garage looking at these Rally Armor mud flaps and the fronts don't seem to "bolt right up"...

Actually the fronts bolted right up, I just needed longer bolts to account for the thickness of the flap. the rears I had to modify the splash shield a bit and use a bolt,nut, and washer... It took about 45 minutes to do the install and that included the trip to home depot right down the street from me.

Haha. Might as well keep it in here, it can be a one stop shop for DSM'rs interested in running Rally Armors.

I mounted mine to the wheel well lining in the rears by using a bolt, a washer, and a nut on the back of it. The fronts I used the existing bolt hole holding on the sideskirt cap, I just had to get a longer bolt. No sheet metal screws or drilling was required so hopefully you don't have to do it either.

You must have missed these posts earlier in the thread?

Heres a picture of how they're mounted, I just ran out in the garage and took it... The bottom bolt goes through a mounting hole in the mud flap, holding it and the side skirt cap on. The top bolt just has a big washer and just holds the top of the mud flap from rotating, it doesn't actually go through the mud flap.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit!
No wonder mine sit too low. :(
If it's not too much to ask gofer, you mind taking a quick shot of how the rear ones are bolted? :thumb:

I've got a feeling that decal on your center piece is just going to get you pulled over for being a smart ass, atleast thats how I'd perceive that statement if I were CHP. You can hate on your STi buddies and not get bothered by CHP with this decal, it would look pretty good on your centerpiece too if you get the right color.

I have the dark pink one on my laptop that I use for tuning, I just don't have decals on my car or else I'd rock one.

Lando you should get Rally Armors on your 1g, it would look pretty tight with the wider wheels.

Those are awesome where do you find them?

STy? Stickers

I pulled the plastic wheel well lining, modified it to secure the mudflap to it, then bolted it back in. Nothing to complicated, just a little bit of measuring so it doesn't look like ass and your good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back