The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

car stubles for 1 second the cheack engine light comes on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlpower92

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2005
perry, Ohio
ill be driving normaly and then it will miss or stuble its only happend at low speeds so fare the cheack egnine light will come on then go off. what could it be ?

car falls on its face. souds like its not geting spark or anything then check engine light comes on. and then runs fine only happens up hills mostly. cheack engine light goes off seconds after it all happens. mostly in 1st gear

1g fwd 5spd turbo

when im driving daily i never get over 10psi but when i get on it and as soon as i get past 125 mph my boost starts to go up from 10 psi to 13+psi so i let off. not wanting to blow the engine im running an open down pipe and K&N filter "boost gauge" free mods ' rest is stock

Or you can borrow someone's datalogger to capture the CEL code and display the malfunction.

with the open downpipe you are probably overrunning the wastegate. It doesn't do it city driving because when you are doing longer highway runs the motor is underload for a longer period because of the longer gears. what is with the quotes around the "boost gauge" what kind of gauge is it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back