The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

camshafts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it sounds good to me i was still thinking on spending money on some hks or bc 272 but this sound like they will get the job done just as good, about retard + advencing time i have the hks cam gears that wont be a problem doing but as you stated and im not going to worry about just .5 degrees.
I'm saying that I wouldn't worry about the intake cam timing. But the exhaust cam does need to be advanced to get it to run like 101200s. It is off by 5degrees. Not .5 degrees.

the turbo will be a gt35r as it will be my everyday car + track every now and then, id it possible to get to the same hp number with this cams as other?

i really wanted a cam thet came alive soon but still had some top end also, and be street frendly for my every day driving.
I suggest advancing the exhaust cam timing to comp 101200s (+5 degress) for track time. You may have to have a separate street tune with the cams straight up (unchanged from Comp), because you will see more knock with more exhaust retard from my experience. The spool speed wll be different, so you need to tune the transition to boost differently. . . But a street tune and the cams as they are would be better for the street with a gt35r. And when track time comes, a race tune and advancing the cam timing a few degrees will do. In fact you should just tweek both gears until you find the best cam timing for the best street tune and best race tune. . .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back