The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best "bang for the buck" wideband?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu90GST

Proven Member
Sep 10, 2013
East Peoria, Illinois
Recently got my first running turbo dsm and now I'm a freak about knowing EVERYTHING that goes on with the car. I plan on getting link soon so I want one that will work well with link. Also where is everyone running their gauges wires/line for a pillar pod? I'm currently running my boost gauge through the steering boot and I cringe at the thought of it staying for long.

My buddy and I both have the AEM uego we both have no issues so far, I am running a 6 bolt, 2g pistons, 272 cams and evo 3 16g using a AFC 2 for tuning. my buddy is running a 2.0 6 bolt built with a pte 6262 on link with the speed density setup and also has no complaints. neither of them are daily driven so maybe the people that use them on daily drivers are having issues with them.

Keep in mind that most vendors are replacing the Lc-1 unit with the Lc-2. This may not apply to websites like amazon, or ebay, but I ordered my LC-1 from STM and got shipped an LC-2. Other than being confused on the wiring, installation was pretty straight forward and I have had no issues. My gauge is mounted in the HVAC.

:dsm:

This. Im ordered an LC-1 with DB gauge from ebay for like $150 about 2 months ago and received an LC-2. I dont think anybody has the LC-1 anymore but who cares because the 2 is supposed to be the newer version.

I ran the LC-1 for a long time and it worked good, and had it tied into ECMlink. I was planning on going with a Zeitronix wideband, since they're originally from the DSM world - sold my LC-1 kit thinking I had it decided. I'm not sure if I'm still going with that plan. We'll see. I would like to go with Autometer since I was planning on using that for a boost gauge, but not a lot of people have much experience tying those into ECMlink. Haven't decided what I'm going with next.

i just installed the PLX wideband gen.3 in my car it works great and was vary easy to install. It is the fastest wideband on the market. it has a tuch screen and also tells you the helth of you wideband. not a bad price for the part! o ya looks cool too! :thumb:

PLX DM-6 SM-AFR | Wideband Air Fuel Gauge

I've never heard of these before but that seems like a baller product. It Seems like the general concensus here is the Innovative MTX or LC series. In the past I had always ran the AEM because it was what everyone recommended back then, my how things change. Wide bands seem like they have come down in price over the years too. I feel like just to get an AEM back a few years ago it was right under 200 dollars.

I've never heard of these before but that seems like a baller product. It Seems like the general concensus here is the Innovative MTX or LC series. In the past I had always ran the AEM because it was what everyone recommended back then, my how things change. Wide bands seem like they have come down in price over the years too. I feel like just to get an AEM back a few years ago it was right under 200 dollars.

it is baller and it has an out put for narrow band so if you want to replace one of you o2's with a wideband you can connect it to you ecu to keep CEL from coming on or if you got a ecu to tune it has a out put for wideband the same as AEM for loging the wideband. The gauge is only 1 inch deep too to can be mounted almost anywhere.
:rocks:

I've been running the AEM UEGO for years and it's terrible in the cold weather. It takes 10-15 minutes of driving before it completely boots up and when I called AEM, they kind of blew me off. So....I'm replacing it with a Zeitronix ZT-3. Waiting for better weather to do the install. I'll use a two resistor network to use the 5volt wideband output to replace the rear O2 signal to log in ECU Scan.

I have the lc1 and have no complaints when I bought it ebay had the best pricing. Now that the lc2 is out I'd suggest that as it's self calibrating. As for gauge locations I had the gauge pod that goes around the cluster and it was a pain to view if you had a gauge on both sides with the steering wheel or your arm being in the way. So I went to a pillar gauge set up ,as stated above I wanted to avoid this as it tends to attract unwanted attention but better then not being able to see them. For wire routing steering boot is the easiest or if you have an automatic drill a hole were the clutch master cylinder goes.

Surprised no one is recommending the AEM Analog. The Digital AEM UEGO sucks but the AEM analog wideband is amazing, it uses an ecu ground wire so its so much more accurate and doesnt have any of the issues the digital UEGO has. and it has 7 different colors to choose from if you like that kinda thing. I have been using it on three different cars now and absolutely love it. part number 30-5130 AEM Analog.

I'm thinking the mtx-l looks like a great option considering the reviews and my highschool kid budget... I don't think I see anyone running it into link though. Anyone have any info on this?

I'm going to sound really dumb because I don't have link yet but your saying that I would just set it pretty much saying its an lc1 sensor

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back