The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Are 1g and 2g Trannies Interchangeable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMAddict

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2002
Austin_TX
If say I buy a JDM 6bolt with tranny(AWD 5spd of course) Will it mount up correctly on my 2g GSX 5spd?

Originally posted by DSMAddict
If say I buy a JDM 6bolt with tranny(AWD 5spd of course) Will it mount up correctly on my 2g GSX 5spd?

It will not 'bolt up' to the existing mounting holes/mounts. You will need to adjust the tranny mount, figure out a way to realign front roll stop to line up with the subrame brace (its off by about 6 inches in one dimension and 3 in the other), and you will need to figure out the rear mount. The only good thing is that the timing belt side engine mount bolts right up.

The best and easiest thing would be to use your stock tranny. In a 2G 3 of the 4 engine mounts are on the tranny, hence it wouldn't matter where the mount bosses are on the 6-bolt block.

The clutch will but not the flywheel.

EDIT: Nevermind about the flywheel I just read your getting a 6-bolt block and tranny.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back