The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone running RP in there Auto Tranny's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pestilence

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 8, 2011
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
If so what does everyone use? What's in there now? Thanks

Ron

12sec Nova .. is that a Turbo 350, or 400 in that thing ... which uses DEXTRON!

DSM's DON't use DEXTRON!

Is RP, SP-II, or ATF+4 compatible? These are the only two grades of tranny fluid that DSM/Mitsu trannies uses.

DEXTRON will destroy a DSM tranny in a quick.

I had it in my Z28 until I found out precision industries would void my warranty on the stall if I used it. For some reason my stall wouldn't lock up with it in there. Drained it and put reg Dex and it worked fine.

As far as in an engine goes never again either. RP looses all it's zinc rapidly. We had a guy on one of my other forums who would test your oil if you sent him a vial and he'd tell you the breakdown. His exact words with any RP vial was that it had the same protection as water after a few hundred miles. That's just my experiences with RP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back