The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AGP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assuming it's a GT unit, Garrett doesn't sell parts individually so if they're replacing anything more than just the sealing rings themselves then who knows what you're getting...but if they stand behind it should anything come apart, that's on them.

I can do a sealing ring replacement to these units but I don't really advertise it because I don't want the liability of working on ball bearing turbos...but if the bearing sleeve is worn at all, the CHRA would need to replaced, and if the bearing sleeve isn't worn then whatever is causing the turbine sealing ring leakage will just do it again in a short period of time (usually a drain or PCV issue).

Assuming it's a GT unit, Garrett doesn't sell parts individually so if they're replacing anything more than just the sealing rings themselves then who knows what you're getting...but if they stand behind it should anything come apart, that's on them.

I can do a sealing ring replacement to these units but I don't really advertise it because I don't want the liability of working on ball bearing turbos...but if the bearing sleeve is worn at all, the CHRA would need to replaced, and if the bearing sleeve isn't worn then whatever is causing the turbine sealing ring leakage will just do it again in a short period of time (usually a drain or PCV issue).
Here’s my PCV(no baffles in VC) and drain set up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ben, the owner of AGP has been a friend of mine for about 25 years now. In fact, we were best men in each other's weddings.

He knows his stuff, and has been pretty deeply involved with Garrett and BW corporate for about 15 years now.

That said, contact them directly with your situation and see what he recommends. Parts are hard to get right now from both manufacturers as they're more worried about being able to supply complete cartridges & turbos as opposed to selling individual repair parts for rebuilds.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back